Sunday 21 December 2014

The Twelve Dates of Christmas – by Lisa Dickenson

Original Cover
My own copy














The blurb:

At thirty, Claudia's life is stale and the romance with long-term boyfriend, Seth, has disappeared. Determined to inject some festive spark back into their love life, Claudia and Seth go on their first date in a very long time. But when the night ends in disaster, Claudia suddenly finds herself facing life - and Christmas - alone.

Life alone is exciting, scary and full of soon-forgotten exercise regimes and ill-advised attempts at crafting sexy underwear. It's also filling up with dates, surprisingly. With best friends Penny and Nick at her side, a surplus of festive markets, mulled wine and Christmas tunes, Claudia attempts to face all this change with gusto. One thing's for certain: this year, Christmas is going to be very different . . .

This is the story of Claudia and her twelve dates of Christmas. Hilarious, uplifting and romantic, it's a story about losing love, finding love, and discovering what's been there all along. Expect Christmas sparkle, butterflies-in-your-stomach romance and a lot of very funny moments in The Twelve Dates of Christmas.

My Opinion:

Yay, another Lisa Dickenson story!!! I loved her four party story You Had Me At Merlot, Lisa is a brilliant author and I was really excited to read this book! I wanted to read it last year already, but somehow time came in the way…

The story follows Claudia, she was a lovely character to read about. Very passionate, funny and lovable. I liked her from the start. Her first date of Christmas goes terribly wrong and she breaks up with long-term boyfriend Seth. I was glad she did that, he is a cheater and not the right guy for her anyway.

I was very glad that she had her best friends Penny and Nick to help her get over this. The best friends a girl could wish for ;) Suddenly she sees herself being on a date with Nick at Starbucks. I have to say I loved this date. Great places and described with such detail and sweetness, well done Lisa!
I felt that there was something between Nick and Claudia. They have been friends for a long time and the chemistry was just there, not just as friends…

Nick is amazing, I have to tell you. I fell for him myself ;) He’s attentive, sweet, funny, gorgeous, passionate and much more… I found myself a new book boyfriend ;)

Claudia goes on more dates, not only with Nick, but she realises that she’s got feelings for him, too bad her best friend Penny likes home too… After some misunderstandings and being drunk at a Christmas party, Nick finally tells her how he feels, just then Penny turns up…
That calls for some drama right?!

Well, when Nick and Claudia finally seem to be together a lot of misunderstandings, drama and fights follow. It made the story more interesting and exciting I have to say. I still didn’t like one particular decision Claudia made, but I understand that it was necessary and it made the chaps towards the end really funny and hilarious.

At a wedding it comes to the big showdown…
The last date is on Christmas Day and awww…. I can’t tell you more here. I just love the way this story was set up and built with these twelve dates, just brilliant. Lisa’s writing is perfection, it’s so funny, fresh, vivid and clear with a wonderful storyline and awesome characters. I can’t wait to read more of this wonderful and talented author!!!

Rating: 




My possible cast:

Claudia: Emily Di Donato
















Nick: Aaron Tveit






































Lisa on Twitter: @LisaWritesStuff

1 comment: