Monday 1 December 2014

Just for Christmas – by Scarlett Bailey

Original Cover
My own copy















The blurb:

Her best friend's wedding...

When Alex Munro learns that the love of her life is getting married to another girl, all she wants is to be alone - and as far away from Edinburgh as possible.

Moving to a Cornish cottage, which comes complete with the world's scruffiest dog, Alex finds that her new neighbours are determined to involve her in their madcap Christmas festivities.

Then she meets her sexy neighbour Ruan - and somehow Alex doesn't want to be alone this Christmas after all. But having lost one fiancé, Ruan has no intention of letting anyone get close to him again...

My Opinion:

When I saw the book for the first time I was instantly drawn to it’s cover, it’s so beautiful =) Then I read the blurb and knew: I have to read this book.

It's a wonderful novel about Alex, who just went to the other end of England to escape from everything at home. With a broken heart and the lost of trust she starts her new life.
She meets Ruan and as a reader I instantly felt their connection. It actually took them much longer to realise it. They both also had other things to deal with, issues from their past, which always came in between.

I couldn’t put the book down, the writing is amazing and emotional.

I loved Alex as the main character and could really connect with her. The book is open for controversial topcis, which I think is great.
Definitely worth reading!!! Can’t wait to read more of Scarlett Bailey.

I have to say I’m not a big fan of dogs (trauma since childhood) and Alex didn’t like dogs either. Well, yes I used the past on purpose. It was great to see how she got closer to Buoy.

This book is the most perfect and an amazing Christmas story and it instantly gets you into the Christmassy spirit. Alex is a wonderful heroine and the way she is handling her situation is inspiring.
The story is full of drama, emotions and everything about it is so authentic.
Never felt closer to characters in a book.
Ruan is a typical man on one side, but once you get closer and get to know him, he’s just everything a girl wishes for.

Oh and I love the choices of names (Ruan and Buoy), it’s not just normal names, which I think is really great.

Go buy the book now, it’s definitely more than worth it. I can’t even find enough words to describe how great it is. <3 <3 <3

Rating:










My possible cast:

Alex: Geraldine Hassler
















Ruan: Blair Redford





















Scarlett on Twitter: @ScarlettBailey

2 comments: