Friday 12 December 2014

Something from Tiffany's – by Melissa Hill

Original Cover
My own copy

The blurb:

Doesn’t every girl dream of getting… something from Tiffany’s?

On 5th Avenue in New York City, two very different men are shopping for gifts for the women they love.

Gary is buying his girlfriend Rachel a charm bracelet. Partly to thank her for paying for their holiday-of-a-lifetime to New York. But mainly because he’s left his shopping far too late.

Whereas Ethan’s looking for something a little more special – an engagement ring for the first woman to have made him happy since he lost the love of his life.

But when the two men’s shopping bags get confused, and Rachel somehow ends up with Ethan’s ring, the couples’ lives become intertwined.

As Ethan tries to reunite the ring with the woman it was actually intended for, he discovers this isn’t that easy. Does fate have other ideas for the couples? Or is there simply a bit of Tiffany’s magic in the air…

My Opinion:

Beautiful title and I actually fell in love with the cover, nothing to special, but I caught my eyes and the story sounded really interesting.

Melissa Hill is a brilliant writer and after having read The Guest List I couldn’t wait to read another book of her.

I have to say the story started off a little slow. I enjoyed reading about New York and little Daisy. Such a cute, lively and adorable little girl. Melissa found a great way to include her in the star, definitely my secret little star.

It didn’t really seem realistic to me that both men lied about the inside of their Tiffany’s box. I didn’t get warm with Gary at all. The same thing with Vanessa. Her behaviour seemed weird and sensed something was going on.

The story suddenly became more alive and sparkling when Ethan went to Dublin to get his ring back and I suspected that there were a lot of drama and misunderstandings to follow. When Ethan entered Rachel’s bistro Stromboli and saw Terri what her beautiful green eyes and red hair I felt like they instantly connected. The story however developed on a total different way which brought me back to thinking Rachel and Ethan were e great match.

The lying and not telling the truth with cover stories annoyed me and I just waited for the bomb to drop.
I thought it was great how Terri helped Ethan and they had a blind understanding. My hope for them to get together returned again and I couldn’t wait to finish the book I was so curious.
I went to bed with the book and wanted to read a few pages. I ended up reading the whole book.
The showdown was full of drama and lots of interesting reveals. Lovely ending, but I still wanted to know a little bit more in the end.


Rating:





My possible cast:

Ethan: Bradely Cooper





























Vanessa: Hayden Panettiere




























Rachel: Julia Stiles


























Gary: Tom Cruise



















Terri: Natalia Dill















Daisy: Mackenzie Foy





















Melissa Hill on Twitter: @melissahillbks

No comments:

Post a Comment