Sunday 7 December 2014

Books I'd give as a present by Isabell


Image and video hosting by TinyPic














Hello everybody. I’m very happy to be a guest on Sky’s Book Corner today. I’ve chosen the topic “Christmas Books I’d give as a present” for my guest post. Can there be a better gift for us as a pile of books? I’m hoping to get some books of my wishlist this christmas :) What about you?

Before I’ll introduce you to my list of books I’d like to tell you something about a german christmas tradition. Yesterday, the 6th of December, was a very special day for children in Germany. On the night of December 5th, Nikolaus or Saint Nicholas will fill the boots of all kids who were good, polite, and helpful during the year. Children put a freshly polished boot called Nikolaus-Stiefel or Nikolaus boot outside of their door and wake up to treats on December 6th. St. Nikolaus typically brings fruits, nuts, cookies, chocolate, and maybe a tiny toy. Here you can see what a typical Nikolaus-Stiefel looks like.


Now I’ll continue with my list. Here is my Top 10 list of books I’d give as a present on Christmas. The first five books…, they are magical in their own special way. A must read for everyone!

1.     A Christmas to Remember by Jenny Hale
‘A magical chrismassy fell good read with full of heart.’
2.     Something from Tiffanys by Melissa Hill
‘A wonderful chick-lit tale set around Christmas time in New York, London and Dublin.’
3.     Fairytale of New York by Miranda Dickinson
‘A sparkling, romantic comedy about an English girl who finds herself in the city where dreams can come true.’
4.     The Gift by Cecelia Ahern
‘A witty, warm, and wise modern-day fable of love, regret, hope, and second chances.’
5.     The Twelve Dates of Christmas by Lisa Dickenson
‘ A fun, flirty festive read full of Christmas sparkle and romance’. 

The next five books are my favorites of my childhood. Not without a reason all of them have been bestseller for many many years. They are all incredibly brilliant. When my nephew is old enough to read I plan on get him into reading and give him those books as a present. I’m very sure everyone one of you knows those books. What has been your favorite Christmas book as a child?

6.     The Polar Express by Christ Van Allsburg
7.     The Nutcracker by E. T. A. Hoffmann
8.     101 Dalmatinas by Dodie Smith
9.     The Snowman by Raymond Briggs
10.  The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis

With a few days left, Christmas is around the corner. I wish you all a wonderful celebration with your loved ones and lots of books under your Christmas tree. Merry Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. I love your adult list. I must get them. I have only read the gift. As a child I really can't remember. I know I had a Christmas book where I was a character and I loved that.

    ReplyDelete