Wednesday 9 April 2014

It Started With A Kiss - by Miranda Dickinson


Original Cover
My own copy
 The blurb:

From the author that gave you the Sunday Times top 10 selling title, Fairytale of New York, join our heroine Romilly as she discovers how far she will go to find the man of her dreams. What would you do to find the one that got away? As the singer in a wedding band, Romily Parker has seen her fair share of happy endings, even though her own love life isn't quite as simple. On the last Saturday before Christmas, (shortly after disastrously declaring her love for best friend Charlie), Romily has a brief encounter with a handsome stranger whose heart-stopping kiss changes everything. Determined to find him again, Romily embarks on a yearlong quest, helped (and sometimes hindered) by enthusiastic Uncle Dudley, cake-making Auntie Mags and flamboyant Wren. Will she find the man of her dreams? Or could true love be closer than she thinks? The ONLY book that you'll want to curl up with this winter -- perfect for fans of Jill Mansell and Sophie Kinsella

My Opinion:

It started with a kiss… This just sounds so out of a movie.

Being in love with the best friend, that’s never easy. Romily decided to tell Charlie about her feelings. If only she hadn’t. Charlie doesn’t share the same feelings and their relationship as best friends really suffers, because of that. To be honest, I really hated how Charlie treated her after that. I wanted to like him, but…

Then the mysterious stranger came along and they kissed. I instantly knew, that there had been something special between the two of them.

Romily is a great character. I share her passion for music and I think it’s great that she is in a band with her best friends. I want that too.
Her friends are all so lovable and their relationship is just amazing: true friendship…

I love the idea of creating a blog for the quest. I think it was also a way for Romily to express her feelings about this whole situation. I must say as a reader I really felt for her the whole time, with her ups and downs and I just wanted PK (Phantom Kisser) to turn up. But he didn’t, and he didn’t…

About Charlie again. Well I really got to like him, when he started treating her differently and because PK didn’t turn up, I suddenly wanted Romily to have a happy ending with Charlie, but I knew I wanted PK too, what a bad situation ;) The atmosphere and tension between Charlie and Romily seemed to grow page after page.

Of course PK had to appear once and logically only near the end of the story.
I won’t tell you whether Romily ended up with PK or with Charlie. Just one thing: There will be at least one surprise and some misunderstandings. However, the most important thing is that Romily ends up with the love of her life.

I loved reading about the band and their gigs. As I am a musician too, it’s always great to read about music.
One little thing that bugged me about the book, that it just didn’t seem realistic to me and some turns just didn’t make sense to me.
The writing is absolutely fabulous though and you really miss something if you don’t read this book.

Miranda posted a name of a song for every chapter, which I think is great and makes the book even more lively.
If you love romance, this book is a must. Such a sweet book 

Rating:

My possible cast:

Romily: Elizabeth Olsen
















Charlie: Dustin Milligan
















Wren: Kate Mara
















Will (PK): Eddie Redmayne
















Jack: Greg Vaughn















Sophie: Alisa Basyuk















Tom: Tom Sturridge



















Miranda on Twitter: @wurdsmyth

Website: http://miranda-dickinson.com






No comments:

Post a Comment