Friday 4 April 2014

In Need Of Therapy - by Tracie Banister


My own copy
Original Cover














The blurb:

Lending a sympathetic ear and dispensing sage words of advice is all part of the job for psychologist Pilar Alvarez, and she’s everything a good therapist should be: warm, compassionate, supportive. She listens, she cares, and she has all the answers, but how’s the woman everyone turns to in their hour of need supposed to cope when her own life starts to fall apart?

While working hard to make a success of her recently-opened practice in trendy South Beach, Pilar must also find time to cater to the demands of her boisterous Cuban family, which includes younger sister Izzy, an unemployed, navel-pierced wild child who can't stay out of trouble, and their mother, a beauty queen turned drama queen who’s equally obsessed with her fading looks and getting Pilar married before it’s “too late.” Although she’d like to oblige her mother and make a permanent love connection, Pilar’s romantic prospects look grim. Her cheating ex, who swears that he’s reformed, is stalking her. A hunky, but strictly off-limits, patient with bad-boy appeal and intimacy issues is making passes. And the sexy shrink in the suite across the hall has a gold band on his left ring finger.

When a series of personal and professional disasters lead Pilar into the arms of one of her unsuitable suitors, she's left shaken, confused, and full of self-doubt. With time running out, she must make sense of her feelings and learn to trust herself again so that she can save her business, her family, and most importantly, her heart.

My Opinion:

The fact that this book is set in beautiful Florida made this book so much more interesting than it already was and the story sounded great.

We were introduced to the lovely Pilar and her life and it was such a pleasure reading about her job, her sessions as a psychologist, her family and her feelings.

We got to know different men in Pilar’s life. Firstly there was Victor her annoying ex, yes annying is the perfect word to describe him. He claimed still being in love with her and followed her everywhere. It was clear though, that there was no connection between them.
Man number two was Mitch, the sexy lifeguard, who was one of her patients. I didn’t really get his character first, he seemed weird and out of this world. Well, I found out why later in the story.
The last man: Ford, her new colleague with these beautiful blue eyes. I liked him most from the beginning, he had something special and attractive.
I was glad seeing the two of them getting along.

The story was not only about Pilar and the men, there was also a lot of her family involved, which was a great change and added some funny drama.

Misunderstandings and secrets turned Pilar’s life upside down and I enjoyed reading about how she was dealing with everything. Tracie’s writing style is fun, enjoyable, vivid and really entertaining.

Pilar’s Latina background added some spice to the story and I loved all the twists and turns in the story. A lively main female character and a great male one as well with Dr. Fordham. Oh and I loved adorable little Noah, he seemed like such a cute kid. I always enjoy books including kids.
LOL moments are guaranteed, you won’t regret reading this book :)

Rating: 

My possible cast:

Pilar: Danielle Sagona
















Ford: Chris Pine
















Mitch: Robert Pattinson











Victor: John Stamos















Tracie on Twitter: @traciebanister

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this wonderful review, Simona! I'm so glad that you enjoyed IN NEED OF THERAPY. It was fun to see your casting choices. I really like the idea of Chris Pine as Ford.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracie :) Hope you're enjoy your birthday ;) Review for Blame it on the Fame will be up soon as well xx

      Delete
  2. I really want to read this book now! I hadn't actually heard of it before but it sounds great! Even the cover looks great - it stood out to me straight away! I have just jotted this one down to put on my TBR list.
    Great review :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Chris Pine. He really twists my knickers! Very cute an entertaining idea to cast the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gale, thank you so much :) I do that with all the books I read, with yours as well ;) x

      Delete