Monday 28 April 2014

Blogger Q&A with Rebecca

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
















Hey my lovelies

Hope you all had a fab weekend and a good start of the week today. It's time for this month's blogger Q&A.  The wonderful Rebecca from Becca's Books has agreed to answer my questions. Thank you SO much sweetie for answering all my questions, I know there were a lot ;) xxx
Hope you're going to enjoy this everyone, I can guarantee you: The answers are worth reading. 

   1.    Where were you born and where do you call home?

I was born in beautiful England, in a lovely little county called Shropshire, full of green fields and lots of farms. I call Shropshire my home as I don’t really tend to ever leave it! As much as I moan about it, I really love it here. I can’t really imagine calling anywhere else home.

2.   How long have you been blogging and why did you start doing it?

I started book-blogging back in November of 2013. I had tried getting into it a few times, but always felt quite intimidated by some of the amazing, busy, beautifully themed blogs that were already out there. It came to a point where I thought, “What the hell!” and decided to do it anyway.
I started my blog Becca’s Books because I needed somewhere to write down my thoughts, feelings and opinions of a book after I had finished it. I had so many things running around in my head, I really needed somewhere to just let it all out. Becca’s Books is slowly filling up and I’m very happy with how it’s looking. I’m so happy that I made the decision to start blogging. I’ve made some fantastic blogger friends, including you Simona, and each day is a joy, catching up on twitter and reading other book-blogger’s reviews. It’s all really good fun!

3.   What is the name of the book you most recently blogged about?

The book that I most recently blogged about was Rebecca Raisin’s upcoming novella, The Bookshop on the Corner. I didn’t review it or anything, it was just book news but I was so excited about it, I just had to share it!

4.   What did you think about the cover?

As with all of Rebecca Raisin’s covers, I loved it! It’s not over the top, it’s pretty, simple and elegant. I absolutely adore Rebecca’s covers for The Gingerbread Cafe series, they’re all gorgeous and they look good enough to eat. I’m a HUGE fan of pretty book covers.

5.   If you could ask the author 3 questions what would they be?

Funnily enough, I did actually interview Rebecca Raisin over on Becca’s Books where I asked her some questions about herself and her wonderful novellas which you can check out here ~ http://beccasbooooks.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/q-time-with-rebecca-raisin.html. It was lots of fun and I loved having her on Becca’s Books!

6.   What is your most favourite character and why?

The more books that I read, the harder I find it to answer the question. There was a time when I would have said Christian Grey, but I’ve recently fell in book-love with a hottie named Kellan Haze from a book called This Regret by Victoria Ashley. I also love Sophie Kinsella’s female characters, as well as Paige Toons and Aven Ellis’. Oh, there’s also my favourite fictional couple from A.J. Nuest’s fantasy series The Golden Key Chronicles. Honestly, there are just way too many to pick just one!

7.   What genre is your favourite and why?

That’s easy. Romance. Anything romantic is perfect for me. I guess I’m just a hopeless romantic at heart. Whether it’s historical romance, fantasy romance, a feel-good rom/com book... I just ADORE anything that involves a male and female falling in love. A romance book is my escape.

8.   If you were shipwrecked and on a desert island what 3 books would you want with you?

Oh, gosh, that’s a tough one. Hmm. I’d say definitely a Sophie Kinsella or a Paige Toon one, something to make me smile and feel all happy inside. Then probably Fifty Shades of Grey to keep me entertained, and then a Cecelia Ahern, to add a little bit of magic.

9.   Is there an author that you would really like to meet?

Yes! Too many to count actually ;) I’ve always been a bit of a fan-girl for Jill Mansell. I just adore her stories and characters so much, not forgetting her beautiful book covers. I think having a nice cup of tea with the one and only Jill Mansell would be something I would always remember.

10.                  Do you prefer eBooks, paperback or hardcover?

I believe that nothing can beat the feel of an actual book being held in your hands as you read, or the feel of the paper as you turn the page. But, due to space issues, eBooks are turning out to be much more practical. If there’s a very special book that I have loved to within an inch of my life, then I usually go out and buy the paperback or hardback copy, but these days, eBooks just seem to be my chosen format.

11.Where do you prefer to buy your books?

Hmm, I do enjoy rummaging around in charity shops to tell you the truth. I love that smell of old books and old pages. There’s just something enchanting about it. Usually, it’s Amazon, or somewhere like Asda or Tescos. I guess it all depends on prices etc. That’s nothing to do with not wanting to spend a big amount of books, it’s more to do with the fact that, the less they are, the more I can buy! ;)

12.                  Have you ever read a book more than once?

I’m pretty sure I have a few times before I started book-blogging, but as my TBR pile continues to grow considerably, I don’t really have chance. I make a note of books that I really want to re-read though, and I try my best to go back and read them again at some point. Some books just deserve to be read twice!

13.                  What book are you currently reading?

At this moment in time, I am currently reading No-One Ever Has Sex On A Tuesday by Tracy Bloom. It is absolutely hilarious and I am loving it! It’s a shame real-life has to get in the way of my fictional paradise though. I’m just over half-way through, and I have to say, it is a brilliant read so far.

14.                  What are you about to read?

I’m not 100% sure just yet! I don’t have a list or anything. I just kinda’ see what takes my fancy and go with the flow. I like to surprise myself.

15.                  Have you read a book that you would like to re-write the ending of?

Yes, yes, yes!
Have you read JoJo Moyes’ me before you? Argh, that book broke my heart right into two! I don’t want to spoil it for any soon-to-be readers, but that book... just DAYUM! I really was hoping it would end in a different way, but I guess it wouldn’t have had that lasting effect if it had.

16.                  Do you have a favourite book cover?

I do indeed. As I mentioned earlier, I’m really bad for judging books by their cover but I just can’t help it.
Number one of my favourite book covers is Pictures of Lily by Paige Toon.

Number two of my favourite book covers is (even though it is yet to be published) What A Girl Wants by the fabulous Lindsey Kelk.
  
Number three of my favourite books covers is The Story of Us by Ellen Faith.

Oooh, I get all fluttery inside just looking at them. Absolutely beautiful.

17.                  If you could plan the perfect holiday, what would it be?

Oh, this is so easy to answer, but near impossible to achieve. My perfect holiday would include myself and my partner, both of our families and a huge villa for all of us to stay in. It would have a massive swimming pool in the back with a BBQ for the long, hot days. There’s be tons of laughter, beautiful food and my camera would never leave my side. What would make it even better would be a case-load of books that I would obviously drag along with me, to read by the side of the pool, with the constant thrum of conversation in the background. It would be perfection.

18.                  How often do you blog?

I suppose it is different each week. I try my best to post at least three reviews a week, but sometimes real life stuff gets in the way and it slows it down a huge deal. If I’m not posting a review, I try to post book news or something like that to keep it moving. I don’t have a ton of followers just yet, but if that number ever increases, I’ll have to step up my game!

19.                  What’s your favourite color?

My favourite colour is emerald or Irish green. A lot of people say, “Urgh, green?!” but there’s just something about it that I adore, and I like to think it’s a colour that suits me too. I’ve always like green, and I have no idea why, but it just works with me.

20.                 What are 5 items you never leave home without?

Number one ~ my mobile phone. I’m a social media bird! Twitter, Facebook, Goodreads. I like to have it all within my reach!
Number two ~ my purse. Just in case, you know, I see a book and have that impulse-buying urge.
Number three ~ a small bottle of my favourite perfume. I just love the smell of it and like it spray it now and again.
Number four ~ house keys, just in case I ever get locked out. You never know!
And number five ~ the bottomless pit of rubbish in the bottom of my bag. I never get around to sorting it out. It’s getting out of hand now. Oops!

21.                  Favourite book character crush.

Okay. Christian Grey from Fifty Shades of Grey, and Kellan Haze from This Regret. Seriously, if you haven’t met Kellan yet, then go on. Go now. Run! He’s so hot. Urgh.

22.                 Sleep in or get up early?

Sleep in. Ooo, I love it! Especially on those cold, dark wintery mornings.

23.                 Summer or winter?

Winter, without a doubt. I love the snow, I love Christmas, I love gloves, scarves and hats. I love drinking hot chocolate, Christmas shopping and Christmas dinner. I’m definitely a winter girl.

24.                 White wine or red?

Unfortunately, neither. I’m not a wine drinker. It makes me scrunch my face up when I drink it and shudder. I’m more of a cocktail girl!

25.                 Coffee or tea?

Now that’s an easy one. Coffee, all the way.

26.                 Where can we find you?





No comments:

Post a Comment