Sunday 20 April 2014

April Fools - by Karli Perrin


Original Cover
My own copy
 The blurb:

Love. Hate. Fear. Fate.
All four letter words.
All consuming.
Naked to the eye, they have the power to control the heart and destroy the soul.
April Adams is about to experience them like never before.
When everything in April's life goes up in smoke, she is faced with some life changing decisions.
Join April as she continues her journey of love and loss.

My Opinion:

And here the story continuous, thank god it does, because the cliff-hanger in book number 1 was almost unbearable.
In the last scene we saw April Adams, she had just seen her house burning down and her best friend Lukas went inside to rescue her.

Thank god, Lukas is still alive. April is so grateful to him, for trying to safe her. Their friendship wasn’t in the best state before and now they have the chance to mend it again and it was a total indulgence to read this. I’m glad April got her friend back.

The problems and misunderstandings didn’t go away though.

Isaac is still the same hot and great boyfriend and their scenes are steamy and very sexy, which I liked very much. Isaac’s behaviour is weird sometimes though and April starts to question him. As a reader I also felt that he wasn’t telling the whole truth, but I knew he had a good reason. They just belong together and he loves her, so…

We get introduced to April’s brother Brody, which opened a new side to the story and I’d now also like to have a big brother like that. He is a heartbreaker though and is flirting with all the girls.
After the fire April stayed at Isaac’s first, but it was to dangerous, because he still had to work for the Uni, so April moved in with Lucy. Lucy became a great friend to April and also seemed very interested in Brody ;).

Oh, I almost forgot about that: I think it’s so sweet that Isaac handed in his resignation to be with his girl. Their love and attraction is undeniable.

The drama in the end got resolved and then there was this cute and adorable epilogue. I especially loved the last scene there, because it was all about love, feelings and true emotions. I’m actually really sad now, that the story has ended, I need more Isaac and also April tales.

Karli Perrin’s writing is fun, sexy, witty, romantic, enjoyable and gripping, a real talent.


Rating: 





My possible cast:

April: Lily Collins
















Isaac: Gui Fedrizzi











No comments:

Post a Comment