Wednesday 23 April 2014

Fairytales of New York - by Miranda Dickinson


Original Cover
My own copy














The blurb:

Are happy-ever-afters made in Manhattan? Find out in this gorgeous debut, perfect for cold winter nights. Once upon a time an English girl went to New York to live out her very own fairytale! Florist Rosie Duncan's life couldn't be better, she has a flourishing business on New York's Upper West Side and fantastic friends. Moving to Manhattan feels like the best decision she ever made. Even though at the time, it was her escape route from heartbreak ...For the past six years Rosie has kept her heart under lock and key, despite the protests of her closest friends - charming, commitment-phobic Ed, unlucky in love Marnie and the one-woman tornado that is Celia. Then a blossoming friendship with publishing hot-shot Nate begins to shake Rosie's resolve at the same time as her brother arrives in the Big Apple, hiding a secret. But a chance meeting brings Rosie face to face with her past, unravelling the mystery behind her arrival in New York. Rosie is forced to confront questions she has long been trying to ignore, including will she ever get her very own happy-ever-after? A sparkling, romantic comedy about an English girl who finds herself in the city where dreams can come true - or so she thinks!

My Opinion:

First of all: What a gorgeous cover 

I am a big fan of Miranda’s writing; this is her second book I’ve read. Unfortunately this one didn’t convince me. It took me about 100 pages to get into the story.

Rosie is an adorable character and I admired the friendships she’s built with Celia, but especially Ed and later also Nate. They way they were there for each other and helped each other out was so sweet. Friends like that are such a treasure.
I kind of felt a spark between Ed and Rosie from the beginning and I love their moments together.

Some things in the story, like the story of Rosie’s brother James or Nate’s engagement seemed a little unreal to me. Despite of that Miranda’s catchy and gripping writing made me stay and I realised I enjoyed the story more and more, especially because of Ed and Nate. I loved these two characters.
The other thing that made me stay in the story, was Rosie’s past and I they way it was revealed. I really felt for her and god I hated David, the note he left behind!!!
The way Rosie changed in this story is great and I am so glad she finally let her past behind and moved on.
Rosie’s passion for her job was adorable.

I sometimes felt to story developed a little slowly, I sometimes missed the drama. When it was there though I loved it :).

Well, all in all it was a nice read and I liked it, predictable though and I liked It Started With A Kiss much more.

Rating: 

My possible cast:

Ed: Derek Theler












Nate: Ryan Reynolds



















Rosie: Natalie Portman














Miranda on Twitter: @wurdsmyth
Website: http://miranda-dickinson.com

No comments:

Post a Comment