Tuesday 30 June 2015

The Beauty of Switzerland - Zug with my Montpellier bestie


Last weekend my best friend from my language stay in Montpellier visited me. We met three years ago and had a lot of fun in the south of France.

We try to meet up regularly and now she was finally able to come visit me for a whole weekend.
I picked her up at the train station in Zug Saturday morning. Then we walked through the city, explored the area by the lake and had lunch there. That’s when it started to rain. Thankfully it stopped again and I showed Evelyn more oft he old town and then we stopped at a store. It’s my mum’s friend’s store. She makes wonderful glass bowls, angels, butterflies and much more. We stayed in the store for quite a while and just talked about the world. She also offered us a refreshing drink.
 
Then we went back home, had a coffee and I showed Evelyn around a little bit. For dinner I thought it would be great to make Sushi, so we did. She has never tried it before, so we had lots of fun. After dinner we got changed and took the bus to the city. We had our yearly party with fireworks going on. At first I thought it would be nice to watch the firworks from the mountain, but I was not in the mood to drive, so I decided to go down to my favourite spot by the lake. We saw a beautiful sunset and a great firework after. We also had time to catch up properly, which was great. Getting back home was interesting, because there were not enough buses, we made it though.

The next morning we woke up to a beautiful sunny day. After breakfast we drove up to Zugerberg and I showed her the school. We walked around the big campus and enjoyed the view down to Zug. I can never get enough of this view and I’m so grateful and happy that I can enjoy it every day at work. We cooked lunch at home, before going down to the city again. With the “mandatory” Starbucks drink we walked to the lake. By the lake we have this grey block, you can go in there and see the fish under water. There were only some small fish, nothing interesting ;). Since it was such a beautiful day, we decided to go on a pedalo ride on the lake. It’s great to see the city from a different perspective. The time on the lake was really relaxing. After walking to the other end of the city along the lake, we stopped at a restaurant and enjoyed a drink.


This was an awesome weekend, with a great friend and I have to say once again, that I live in a beautiful place.

The perfect start to my holidays!!!

@ Hafen Restaurant
View from Zugerberg


No comments:

Post a Comment