Monday 8 June 2015

Blogger Q&A with Laura H.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic



















I'm very happy to welcome newbie blogger Laura from Little Northern Soul on Sky's Book Corner today, thanks for joining my lovely xx. 

1.    Where were you born and where do you call home?


I was born in Leeds and I still call it home. I lived in Nottingham during University, but I missed Yorkshire and wanted to be back here.

2. How long have you been blogging and 
why did you start doing it? 

Im really new to blogging - I only started at the end of February!  Im really enjoying it so far and the book blogging community have been so welcoming and friendly, its brilliant.

3. What is the name of the book you most recently blogged about?

Silent Scream

4. What did you think about the cover?

Its dark and spooky just like the book!

5. If you could ask the Author 3 questions what would they be?

1-What research did she do to ensure the crime scenes and police procedures were correct?
2- How many books are planned for the DCI Kim Stone series? (Her second is due to be released soon)
3- If you could have written any book, which would it be and why?

6. What is you most favorite character and why?

I love a lot of the Harry Potter characters - they are so fantastically written and Ron Weasley in particular is my favourite.
Also, Helen Walsh from The Mystery of Mercy Close by Marian Keyes, she is goofy, funny and just brilliant.

7. What genre is your favorite and why?

Chick-lit - its pretty much the only genre I read and a huge part of why I started my blog.

8. If you were shipwrecked on a desert island what 3 books would you want with you?

This could change depending on what Ive read at the time! But my long-term favourites are:
PS I love you - Cecelia Ahern
The Unexpected Consequences of Love - Jill Mansell
The Mystery of Mersey Close - Marian Keyes

9. Is there an Author that you would really like to meet?

Loads - Id love to meet any of my favourites!

10. Do you prefer ebooks, paperbacks or hardcover?

Thats a tough one. For practicality ebooks, as you can have endless amounts on one device and especially when youre travelling or on holiday its so easy having tons of books but on one small device. But, nothing quite beats a new paperback - I love the new book smell!

11. Where do you prefer to buy your books?

I buy all my ebooks on Amazon, but if Im buying paperbacks I go to Waterstones or WH Smiths. I also like delving through charity shop shelves to see what I can find!

12. Have you ever read a book more than once?

Ive read the Harry Potter series 3 times now. I dont tend to re-read many books as theres so many I haven't read! but I often re-visit some of my favourite authors and read a book I haven't read by them before.

13. What book are you currently reading?

Learn to Love Again by Ellen Faith

14. What book are you about to start reading?

After hearing so many fantastic reviews, Im going to read The Dead Wifes Handbook.

15. Have you read a book that you would like to rewrite the ending of?

I read a book called Fractured that I enjoyed right up until the end, when it had a big twist that I actually found quite disappointing. I dont want to spoil it so wont say why, but it seemed like a forced twist that wasn't overly imaginative. Id have changed that ending.

16. Do you have a favorite book cover? Chose up to 3 if you like.

I love any bright, bold and simple book covers, my favourite at the moment is for Lucy Robinsons new novel, The Day We Disappeared. Its really simple but eye-catching.

17. If you could plan the perfect holiday, what would it be?

Easy- a lazy, sit-by-the-pool and do nothing holiday. I went to tenerife with my other half last summer and we stayed in a fantastic hotel and spent a week by the pool, reading and drinking cocktails. Bliss. I seem to be so busy its nice to take time to relax and re-charge (and have an excuse to do nothing but read for a whole week!)

18. How often do you blog?

As Im new to the blogging world Im still finding my way, but I tend to blog 2-3 times a week.

19. Whats your favorite color?

I love pastel colours - particularly lilac

20. What are 5 items you never leave home without?

Phone, Purse, Keys, Kindle (or current book) and a powder foundation

21. Favorite book character crush.  Yes you can pick 2 :)

In my early teenage years I had a thing for Michael from The Princess Diaries - dont judge!
Going back to my desert island book, my number 2 is Gerry from PS I Love You. I love how much thought and time he puts into ensuring his wifes happiness after hes gone and in the flashbacks (when hes alive) he is charming and funny (plus it helped when they cast Gerrard Butler as him for the film!)

22. Sleep in or get up early?

Sleep in, although even on a weekend when I can have a lie-in, Im tend to still be in work mode and wake up early.

23. Summer or winter?

Tough one for me as I like both. I like it in the winter when its cold and windy outside and I can be snug inside in my PJs with a cuppa and a good book. But I love the relaxed nature of summer, especially when its still sunny and warm late into the evening and you can sit outside with a glass of wine and a BBQ with your friends.

24. White wine or red?

Just to be awkward Im more of a rose girl

25. Coffee or tea?

Tea. I drink far too much of the stuff - I need at least 2 cups in the morning to get me going.

26. Where can we find you?

My blog: littlenorthernsoul.blogspot.co.uk
My Goodreads page: LauraHoldsworth28
Twitter: @lauraholds28

1 comment:

  1. Hi Laura. It is nice to meet. You have read The Harry Potter Series 3 times over?! Wow. I still haven't read it once (although I have had my attempts).
    A lazy sit by the pool sounds like my kind of holiday too.

    ReplyDelete