Sunday 14 June 2015

From Notting Hill To New York…Actually – by Ali McNamara

Original Cover
My own copy





















The blurb: 

Scarlett O’Brien, utterly addicted to romantic films, has found her leading man. She’s convinced Sean is Mr Right, but the day-to-day reality of a relationship isn’t quite like the movies. With Sean constantly away on business, Scarlett and her new best friend Oscar decide to head to New York for the holiday of a lifetime. From one famous landmark to the next, Scarlett and Oscar make many new friends during their adventure - including sailors in town for Fleet Week, a famous film star, and Jamie & Max, a TV reporter and cameraman. Scarlett finds herself strangely drawn to Jamie, they appear to have much in common: a love of films and Jamie’s search for a parent he never knew. But Scarlett has to ask herself why she is reacting like this to another man when she’s so in love with Sean …

My Opinion:

I LOVED LOVED LOVED the first book of this series and that’s why I was really excited about book #2. The ending of the first book was stunning and I didn’t expect that at all from Sean.
Sean and Scarlett are such an adorable couple and I really wanted to read more about the two of them.

They have settled in in his house in Notting Hill now. Sean is away a lot on business and something seems to be missing from Scarlett’s life. The excitement is kind of gone. 

She decides to go to New York and visit her dad, Sean can’t make it, but her best friend Oscar is going with her. And the adventure starts…

It’s the holiday of a lifetime, of course connected to a lot of New York movies and all these great sights. Scarlett meets a lot of great people, one of them is an actual movie star and the scenes with him are really funny and entertaining. She also meets Jamie and Max from a UK TV channel. Scarlett feels in instant connection to Jamie, but doesn’t know why. She loves Sean and she misses him. When Sean suddenly shows up and Max and Jamie are in Scarlett’s hotel room the misunderstandings start.
Scarlett is also on the journey of finding out the background of a brooch that was her fathers. What she discovers is surprising and exciting at the same time… And it inspires her to open another business.

Getting to know Jamie had a refreshing touch and Oscar had a big part in this book as well. He just added the so much spark to it. I have to admit, I just love Scarlett and Sean together, so I really missed him when Scarlett went to New York. That doesn’t mean that I enjoyed the story any less though. The entertainment factor is really high. This novel is gripping, vivid, hilarious and just AWESOME!!!
It’s a novel full love, family, friendship, laughter and so many special places. The way Ali described New York and it’s unique sights was amazing, full of details and I just felt like being there with Scarlett. I really wanna go to New York now!!!
The characters are all so unique and special. It starts with beautiful Scarlett and her movie obsession and goes over to gorgeous and perfect Sean. I think I fell in love with him even more. Jamie and Max are great, full of energy and I love how Jamie’s role developed. Also Scarlett’s mum and dad get their parts again.

I said the ending was brilliant in the last book, it’s FABULOUS here as well. Movie connected, everybody is involved and it couldn’t be any cuter and emotional. Full of love <3 This makes me so excited for book #3, I hope I get the chance to read it soon!!!

An awesome chick-lit novel, it will definitely leave a huge smile on your face and you never wanna leave Scarlett’s world again!!!

Rating: 






My possible cast:

Scarlett: Alexis Knapp (with dark hair)




















Sean: Colton Haynes








































Oscar: Chris Colfer




















Jamie: Andrew Garfield

No comments:

Post a Comment