Monday 26 March 2018

Booking with Contiki

California and the surrounding states have been on my bucket list for a while and now I'm finally going! Since I'm single at the moment and my friends don't have the same holidays. So I decided to do the solo traveling again, but this time it was clear to me that it has to be with a group. A lot of bloggers have done TrekAmerica, so that's the first page I checked. I'm not big on camping  though and I didn't have a lot of options for tours. 

The places I want to see are mainly LA, San Diego, Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, Yosemite and San Francisco. It was also important to me to end the tour in San Francisco, because I want to spend some more days there in the end. I found one tour on TrekAmerica, but for the dates I wanted it was already booked out. Some tours didn't work because of the dates. 

I have three weeks of holidays at the beginning of April, so I needed the tour to start at the beginning of April. After not finding something onTrekAmerica I started looking for other possibilities and just typed in: tours, California. Several companies came up and I checked some of them. Contiki was the one I liked instantly! The other travelers are between 18 and 35 years old and I just liked the homepage. It's full of great pictures and they have a great choice of tours. The tours are very well described and you can see a lot of details already. Booking is easy and they send you all you need to know early enough. I even received a little travel pouch wit my vouchers inside, the luggage information and a luggage tag. 

Food is included, not for every meal, but for some. The same goes for hotels, mostly 3 star hotels and then there is an itinerary. There are things everyone does and also some optional activities. These cost extra, but I will be trying some of them for sure. 

I'm very curious about the whole experience, about the people, the hotels, the food etc. I will for sure do a Traveling with Contiki blog post, where I will be talking about my experiences. 

No comments:

Post a Comment