Tuesday 25 August 2015

The Story of My Book Corner - Silke


For at least 12 years my book corner used to exist out of our local library. It is exactly 5 minutes away from where I live and it is where I always got my books for the first half of my life.


That was until I found the joy that came with book buying and since then I've been steadily collecting these little pieces of happiness. However, my book corner is a mess! It isn't a corner in the slightest. In fact, it is a big mess of chaos!

Seeing as I've only been really buying books for the last 6 years, my collection is still relatively limited. My books are stored in 3 different places (not counting in my e-reader and e-books), ordered according to my own personal system.

- Dutch books
This is precisely one shelf in one of my smaller cupboards. The main collection of books you'll find here are my childhood books and more accurately my Harry Potter books.



- Read books
I currently have no space left in my room to put a bookcase so I have to make do with what I have.
I have transformed one of the biggest shelves in my cupboard to my personal book shelf. By using multiple boxes and stacking them on top of each other, I have now got my own little bookshelf inside my closet. This 'shelf' holds all my 'read' books and is ordered quite randomly. I try to group books of the same author together but that's about it.


- TBR-pile
This is literally a pile! And it seems to only grow and grow. There was a point where I had managed to get halfway down its current height and then I went on a book buying spree again.
The way my TBR-pile works? Just add all the new ones on top of it! I can't see any  other way around it then just stacking like a mad woman. Seeing as I rarely pick the top book from the pile but have an unofficial order in which book I want to read next, it's always challenging trying to get a book out of the pile again.


My actual book corner(s) might be a serious mess, I do have a a few ideas of what my perfect book corner would look like.
I'd love to have a big, fluffy, corner of pillow with my books all around it. Something like this looks absolutely perfect.



No comments:

Post a Comment