Sunday 12 June 2016

The One We Fell In Love With – by Paige Toon

Original Cover
My own cover














The blurb:

Phoebe is caught between a rock and a hard place. Settle down and get married, or return to the French Alps to pursue her passion?

Eliza is in love with someone who is no longer hers. In fact, he probably never was… And her dream of becoming a musician seems to be spiralling down the drain.

Rose is out of a job and out of a boyfriend. To make matters worse, she’s been forced to move back in with her mother…

But these very different girls have one thing in common. Angus. The one they fell in love with…

My Opinion:

New year, new Paige Toon book! This is actually one of the highlights in my book blogging year. This year is even more special, because it’s her 10th novel (not counting her YA books).
Paige really surprised me with this book, it’s unexpected and unique and I mean that all in a good way!!!

The story follows triplets: Phoebe, Rose and Eliza, they all fell for the same guy. When they were 17 years old Angus moved in next door. Phoebe saw him first, but did she really?! Well they got together, but also Eliza and Rose fell for him.
Life goes on…

All three women are lovely and first I really liked Phoebe, but then I got to like Rose even more and I also really warmed up to Eliza, she even was my fave in the end. They are triplets, but aside from the look they couldn’t not be more different. Their personalities and interests are unique and all of them went into a totally different direction. Paige found a great way to include all their feelings, she switched perspectives in the chapters. We found out a lot about their past and how it all developed with Angus. We can read about Rose and her struggles in both life and with love, we hear about Eliza and her passion for music and Phoebe’s passion for the mountains. Diary entries make this whole process even more exciting.

A sudden event changes all their lives and I was shocked as well. Rose comes back home and Eliza has difficulties controlling her feelings. What all three sisters go through is intense and hard.

Next to Angus we also meet other male characters. I have to be honest, I didn’t really warm up to Angus, he was just there all the time. Who I really liked as a character was Toby and I think he adds a great touch to the story (I can’t tell you more here, I would spoil it, so just go and read the book!!!).

It was adorable to read about the relationship between the sisters, at first they seemed really distant, but that changed and I was really happy about that. It feels like they went through an important journey in this book, learning about love, heartache, family and much more.

Of course Paige didn’t disappoint me with previous characters having an appearance again, I just love this about her books.

Like a lot of people, I thought this was going to be a book about three women fighting for the same man, but no it’s not! It’s a lot more than that, a touching story with a deep meaning. Paige but herself on a whole new level with that! I can’t stop thinking about the story and how clever the idea behind it is. Her writing adds a lot of sparks to the storyline and creates a beautiful atmosphere.

In the end you just want all three to be happy and I think Paige created a perfect storyline, with well lined out characters, a lot of passion, beautiful writing and a wonderful ambiance.

Rating:









My possible cast:

Rose/Phoebe/Eliza: Sarah Hester






































Paige on Twitter: @PaigeToonAuthor

No comments:

Post a Comment