Thursday 17 March 2016

Pink Box Review


As most of you know I’m not really a beauty blogger. I posted one beauty related post so far, that’s it. I like beauty and beauty products, so I thought including my thoughts here from time to time. I’m not planning on making it something big and I’m not looking to work with brands at the moment. I just like to enjoy the beauty products I have and buy myself.

In the UK I know you have lots of beauty boxes, like Birchbox or Glossybox. I think I would be able to get them as well, but ordering the Pink Box was easier for me. It’s a Swiss brand and that makes shipping much easier.


I received my first one at the beginning of February and was really excited. I did a little unboxing for on my channel. You can check it out here, of you want to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCKNbNPINn8

These are the products I received:

- Carmex Lip Balm JAR: Carmen Lip Balm JAR - Link
- The Body Shop VITAMIN C MICRODERMABRASION: VITAMIN C MICRODERMABRASION - Link
- Kneipp Bath Salt TRÄUMEN: Bath Salt - Link
- Teeez Easy On The Eyes Eyeliner: Eyeliner - Link
- Le Petit Marseillais "Lait de Vanille" Shower Cream: Shower Cream - Link

Let’s start with the Carmex Lip Balm Jar. Weirdly enough I have never heard of Carmex before and was a little shocked when I saw the packaging. The yellow is slightly scary and looks like something you use against insects. Well, I have to say this product surprise me. It’s a balm you obviously apply with your fingers. The balm is orange and has kind of a strong, but also fruity scent. Strong at first and then fruity. I have used this every morning before leaving the house. I have another lip balm in my handbag ;). This one makes the lips shiny and pretty. It also seems to do it’s job. It definitely helps against the dryness of my lips. After a few hours though, I felt little scruby elements on my lips (like from a scrub or peeling). That was the only thing I didn’t like about it. I think it’s a really good balm and definitely helping my lips.



Now on to The Body Shop’s VITAMIN C MICRODERMABRASION. It’s an exfoliating product. In the past few years I didn’t really exfoliate my face regularly. I only got a small package of this one, so I can’t really say anything about the effect on my skin. The scrub feels fine and it definitely left my skin soft and smooth after using it. I would purchase it though. I feel like it’s not right for my skin and I didn’t like the smell of it. I’m looking for a great scrub for my face, if you have any suggestions, let me know.


I totally fell in love with Kneipp’s TRÄUMEN bath salt. I checked in the internet and only found a German link. Not sure, if you guys can get it in the UK or US. It’s a totally natural product and it sure looks pretty in the bath. The salt is kind of pink/purple and in the end the water will be purple. This helps me relax and I just love lots of bubbles and this bath salt definitely gives this to you. The scent is really nice, it’s tuberose. The skin feels soft and great after it.


Let’s move on with the Teeez Easy On The Eyes Eyeliner. I might have to confess something first. I only started using liquid eyeliner above the eye around four months ago. Before all I did was using a Kohl eyeliner right under the eye. This eyeliner comes in a really pretty packaging. The applicator is quite hard and small. I had no problems applying t though. It’s a difficult one, if you want to correct something though. My fave is a L’Oreal eyeliner, it’s really soft and so easy to apply. This one kind of lost in comparison. It’s still a good one though.


Last but not least, we have the Le Petit Marseillais “Lait de Vanille” shower cream. I love shower creams and I just ran out of one when this one arrived, perfect timing. The vanilla scent is one of my favourites, so I liked this one from the start. I’m using it regularly now. It’s a great product, but on the expensive side, so I don’t know, if I would repurchase it.


Of course by now I also received my March Pink Box, I haven't had that much time to use the products yet, but I thought I will give you a little overview. 

- Dove Derma Spa Goodness Body Lotion: I love this body lotion, it feels so great on my skin and the scent is just fab. 
Guhl Color Protect & Care Shampoo Goji-Berry: I have given that away, because
my hair is very sensitive and I only use the products my hairdresser gives me. 
- Manhattan Last and Shine Nail Polish: I adore the Manhattan nail polishes and I received
a nice corally orange color, perfect for spring. 
- Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream, SPF 35: I'm so in love with this bb cream, thinking
about purchasing a whole bottle. 
- Nivea 3 in1 face wipes: I haven't used them yet, but they are definitely good for traveling.

That's it! I hope you enjoyed my little beauty excursion. 


1 comment: