Friday 1 January 2016

Goodbye 2015 - Hello 2016


Another year has passed and now it's already 2016, so HAPPY NEW YEAR.

I'm taking this opportunity to look back on 2015, but also look forward to 2016. And yes I will cover several aspects; blogging and also my personal life.

In 2015 I finished my whole first school year as a teacher. It was really special and I really miss my 6th graders, they will always have a special place in my heart. This also meant the first performance of a play I directed. It was a great experience, very stressful,  it I learned a lot and in the end it was wonderful! I then enjoyed a great summer before the new school year started. It felt great not to be the new one anymore. The new school year meant a lot of changes for us, but it's all going well now. I did another play with the kids, this time just before Christmas, it was a big success. I am looking forward to 2016 with the kids, it will be a lot of hard work, but I love my job :) 

Now, the blogging. I had a great year of blogging, read a lot of books and wrote a lot of blog posts as well. I'm still mainly a book blogger, but I have enjoyed writing lifestyle posts, travel posts or about other topics. I added another fashion feature called "Quotable Styles" and organized some blog related features and giveaways. In September I had a reading slump, luckily I got out of it again and it never affected my posts. I never felt the pressure to write and not have enough content and I'm really grateful for that. I am very organized and I'm happy that I have time to enjoy other things as well, next to work and blogging. I have also started reading more lifestyle, travel, fashion and beauty blogs and I'm really enjoying them. Lately I've also been watching YouTube videos and discovered some great vloggers, they are so inspiring that I'm thinking of starting my own little channel. Let's see how it goes... I will stick to blogging of course. In 2015 I read 133 books, for my goodreads challenge I have set 120 again, like last year. I don't like setting goals about like, followers or subscribers and that's why I don't do it. If I reach a certain number, I will be happy, maybe celebrate and do a giveaway! :) 
Last year I started writing more personal posts, the most personal one and the one I'm most proud of is this one: Confidence - Believe in Yourself!!!

Blogging for me this year also meant meeting lots of new people online. The friendships that open up through it are amazing. I went to two author events/launches in London this year. Yes you all know that I love London. The blogging has added another reason for me to always go back. In March a went to Rebecca Raisin's event at 5th view in Waterstones Piccadilly. Rebecca is a great author and has become a wonderful friend, it was amazing to meet her. Through that event I was also able to finally meet some of my book blogging friends as well. That has been fab. Karen Aldous was there as well, another author I really got to love. The second event was in October, it was Holly martin's book launch. I was so happy to finally hug that woman, she is just fantastic. I met some more awesome bloggers and authors there and the other I saw for the second time! We had such a great time!!! That event meant meeting my bestie Maryline for the second time. We met through blogging as well and I can truly say that she is my best friend, we are soul sisters. In July 2015 we spent some days together in Berlin, we had the best time ever!!! It felt like I knew her all my life.
I am definitely planning on meeting her again several times next year and I will also go back to London for more bookish events. I'm hoping to meet more of these fab people in real life. 

London means traveling, so let's stick to the topic. Of course I also enjoyed some shopping, musicals, sightseeing and Harry Potter related stuff in London. Next year I def wanna see Aladdin in London and hey there is also the Harry Potter play.
205 meant Florida for me as well. Florida is like a second home to me and experiencing Miami, Key West, Marco Island, Siesta Key, Tampa and Orlando was just amazing. I'm going to America again, New York, Dallas and Chicago this time, I can't wait. 

I'm still singing in my choir and really enjoying it. This year we have several concerts loved up, including a Christmas concert at the famous KKL concert hall in Lucerne. I will also join the committee of the choir. Musical vise we have the 30th anniversary of our theatre group and we are doing CHESS, additions are on the 10th, so wish me luck. 

So this has been a little flashback and a look forward, hope you enjoyed it. What are your plans for this year? 

No comments:

Post a Comment