Tuesday 18 October 2016

Fabulous days out in London


Most of you have probably already seen my write up of the Lindsey Kelk event, here is what I did other than that in London.

Tuesday morning, October 11, 10.15 am: Arrival at City Airport with a delay of an hour. I took the train out to the airport in Zurich, had coffee and a croissant wirh a great plane view and was at the gate right in time. Well, the plane had technical difficulties, so we had to get another one. Luckily, I booked a morning flight with enough time until the event in the evening. After arriving I took the DLR into the city and then a taxi to the hotel. Check-in was fast and the room was ready too! I unpacked and then went out for lunch at Jamie's Italian (the Covent Garden one), which is a two minute walk from my hotel. Beer and yummy pasta was just what I needed. Then I walked down to Trafalgar Square and just stayed there for a while, before beginning my shopping spree at Covent Garden. I bought two pairs of jeans at Jack Wills (the place for me to buy jeans) and went to stores like Massimo Dutti, Cadenza, Reiss, Banana Republic, Karen Millen, Mango, Ted Baker etc. I bought nothing else though. At Pret a Manger I bought myself a little dinner and breakfast for the next day and then headed to Starbucks. It was actually a very special Starbucks, with a different design and system... I got a latte and a Peach Green Tea Lemonade (obsessed with them). Back at the hotel I first took a nap (I was so tired), then enjoyed my drinks and dinner and git ready for the author event in the evening. I then took a taxi to the event, which took forever, so I walk over London Bridge to the News Building abd got a sunset view with the shard, tower bridge etc. if you want to read more about the event, click here.
After the event I went back to the hotel and just chilled.




Wednesday morning, October 12 at 8.30 am: shower, tv, breakfast in bed. Let's not forget getting ready. At 10 am on the dot I left my hotel and got a coffee, before taking the tube to St. Paul's. I walked around there and then went over Millenium bridge and back. The view onto St. Paul's is absolutely stunning. Rhe tube then took me back to Soho, where I spent a long time in Foyles before heading down to the Piccadilly waterstones. Welcome to my world of books 😜. I then enjoyed a nice lunch at 5th view and was ready to hit Regent Street. Like the day before not to much damage money wise: a shirt at Abercrombie and Fitch and a Gigi Hadid jumper at Tommy Hilfiger. After Regent Street I went to Liberty and then Carnaby Street. I also stopped at Starbucks for a coffee, before walking back to Piccadilly Circus and up Shaftesbury Avenue. There I stopped at the House of MinaLima. It's an exhibition of the artists Mina and Lima, who did all the art work for the Harry Potter movies. 3 floors full of Harry Potter magic: the Marauders Map on the floor, the chimney with the letters and so much more, loved it. I also bought some lovely postcards. Then I bought dinner and a Peach Green tea Lemonade before heading back to the hotel. That gave me enough time to eat, relax and get ready for the show. In the evening I went to see Beautiful: The Carole King Musical, what a great show, a musical review will follow shortly. 













Thursday morning, October 13 at 8.30: shower, tv, breakfast, packing and then checking out. The first thing I did after that was getting a coffee, before heading to regent Street again, to do the rest of the shops there and start with the shops around Oxford Circus. Then I went back to Carnaby Street to eat at one of my fave restaurants: Dehesa. After lunch I headed back to Oxford Street and did a few shops there. The last stop was primark. I usually don't go in there, because there is chaos and the store is too cheap for me. However, I wanted the Harry Potter pjs for a while, so I got them. Before heading back to the hotel, I had a coffee at Starbucks. At the hotel I picked up my luggage and changed bags, before heading to the tube and then the DLR to City Airport. Check-in was really quick, but now starts the rant: Security at the airport, because of my liquids. At the beginning of the year I bought a transparent bag for me liquids and since then I have only used that, it was never a problem in Zurich, nor in the Sates, nor at City Airport last time, but this time it was! So you can imagine I got angry! I had to transfer my liquids into one of their bags and then they said it's too full, so had to throw things away. Anyway, afterwards I just had dinner and then I boarded the plane. 


Thank you you for having me once more LONDON, can't wait for the next time!!!

3 comments:

  1. In any Occasion you have parcel to stress to make it right, We are here to share your movement related stresses. You should simply pursue a Party coach hire. coach hire peterborough
    cheap minibus coach hire
    london to luton minibus hire
    minibus hire barnsley
    liverpool to manchester minibus hire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the information, it's very useful for the people who want to travel with their friends and family in groups. We also provide the services of 8 SEATER MINIBUS
    in MINIBUS HIRE LIVERPOOL for multiple events MINIBUS HIRE FOR SHOPPING do visit us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Planning a day out in London can be exciting, given the city's vast array of attractions and activities. Here's a sample itinerary for a day in London, covering some of the iconic landmarks and experiences. Check the prices about minibus hire here https://minibusincambridge.com/.

    ReplyDelete