Saturday 25 November 2017

Movie Review – Gifted


About the movie:

Gifted is a 2017 U.S. drama film directed by Marc Webb and written by Tom Flynn. It stars Chris EvansMckenna GraceLindsay DuncanJenny Slate, and Octavia Spencer. The plot follows an intellectually gifted 7-year-old who becomes the subject of a custody battle between her uncle and grandmother. The film was released on April 7, 2017, by Fox Searchlight Pictures, and grossed $40 million worldwide.


My opinion:

My students at school told me about this movie and also showed me the trailer. As soon as I watched it, I knew I had to watch it. They all really liked it as well, so of course I did.

The whole storyline is based around the seven year old girl called Mary (Mckenna Grace, I already knew her from Fuller House and was really excited to see her in a movie), who is very bright and a genius at Maths. She lives with her uncle Frank (Chris Evans). Her mother did years ago. It’s not easy for both oft hem and when Frank sends her to school things get very complicated.

Mary’s first grade teacher (Jenny Slate) sees her talent immediately, but Mary is not an easy student and things get very dramatic fast. Mary has problems socializing with kids her age. Her best friend is neighbour Roberta (Octavia Spencer).

Mary’s grandmother comes into the picture as well and wants Mary to live with her in Boston.

Of course the whole plot fascinated me a lot, because it’s based around school. Mckenna is a brilliant actress, she did such an incredible job, playing this role. Of course I also really liked Chris Evans, his acting is on point and his characters goes through a real transformation, this was great to see develop. The teacher and neighbour Roberta added extra sparks tot he movie.

The scenes are wonderfully shut and the chemistry between Chris Evans and Mckenna Grace is perfect. I absolutely adored their scenes.

It’s a very emotional movie and full of heart and passion. I loved every minute of it and I also had to cry, several times.

This is such a beautiful movie! It’s full of drama, excitement, family, friendship, love, passion and so much more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment