Saturday 2 May 2015

TMI Travel Tag

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


I saw this tag on Jenny’s blog: Jenny in Neverland I wasn’t tagged, but traveling is one of my passions and I loved the idea of a travel survey to talk about where you’ve been, where you’d like to go and share some photos! Tahnk you Wanderness, who came up with this tag: Wanderness

1.   What was the last country you visited?

America, Florida to be precise. Just came home a week ago. It was wonderful. We spent time in Miami, Key West, Marco Island, Siesta Key and Orlando.
Siesta Key, FL

2.   How many countries have you visited?

15, would love to visit 50 in my lifetime!

3.   What is your favourite place on the planet that you have been to?

Oh that’s hard, because I’m in love with several places. I’ll cheat a little and pic two (a city and a beach)

-       Siesta Key, FL: the most beautiful beach, with the whitest sand and most wonderful sunsets. The perfect place to relax.

-       London: My second home, I love this city so much!

London


 4.   Favourite place in your home country?

Ascona in the Ticino. A sweet little town, surrounded by beautiful mountains and directly at the lake. I love the Italian part of Switzerland.

 5.   If you could board a plane right now, where would you go?

Oh that’s hard! New York, I really wanna go there!!!

 6.   What’s your cup of tea – tropical island getaway, snowy ski break or city exploring trips?

Tropical paradise getaway, I love the sea and the sun <3. I really enjoy city trips as well though ;). A mixture of both would be ideal.


7.   What are your top 3 hand-luggage must haves?

A bottle of water, iPad (for music and books) and my phone.

8.   Any travel tips to share?

Book early!!!

9.   Most embarrassing moment abroad.

Oh ok. Well, in Switzerland we have different dialects and one of them is really funny. My mum and I love imitating it and being silly. We were walking through Siena with our friends and we were talking in this dialect saying supid things. Then suddenly our friends stopped and started talking to a couple. The were exactly from that place with the dialect. We were introduced and they asked, if we were also from St.Gallen, we just nodded, but they continued asking things and we still had to pretend tob e from there. Our friends were confused, the couple was confused and I was probably as red as a tomato. The best thing: That guy was the boss of our friend...

10. Biggest disappointment.

My trip to Budapest, not necessarily because oft he city, but because of the people I was with. Budapest is beautiful, but not really my thing. I went there with my high school class, it was our graduation trip. Well, I had 4 real friends in this class and it wasn’t really funny spending time with the others, so I didn’t really enjoy the trip in the end.

11. Nicest surprise.

My trip to Canada with the whole family. We have realtives there and they are so nice. Vancouver is an awesome city and the nature in British Columbia and Alberta is just breath taking.

Lake Louise, Canada
Vancouver

12. Three places at the tip of the travel bucket list.

Great American cities (New York, Dallas, Chicago), California, the Bahamas and Australia.

13. Favourite food discovery.

Oh god, that’s a though question. But one thing comes to mind. We had something typical Swedish when we were in Stockholm, I don’t know what it was called, but it was delicious. It was a special way of potatoes with a yummy oiece of meat and the best sauce I’ve ever tasted.

14. Why do you travel?

I love discovering new places: different cultures, different people, the nature the food, it’s just so interesting!

15. What 3 things would you take on holiday/travelling if you could?

Oh, hmm let me think. Maybe my comfy bed, that’d be awesome! My bookshelf, to have the choice of books and my laptop.

16. Have you picked up any phrases from travelling?

Phrases not really but words.

Iela: Street in Latvian
Öl: Beer in Swedish
Tack: Thank you in Swedish

17. What two places would you not go back to and why?

Budapest, I’ve seen the city when I was there, that was enough.
A French area close to Geneva, don’t remember the names, but there were just to many mountains and forests. It felt so narrow and small, not really my thing.

18. Your dream travel companion?

Oh that’s a great question, but hard to answer. I’d love to travel with Aven Ellis, she’s become a great friend and I think we’d have so much fun! And we have the same interests, that’s important when it comes to traveling. And actually I'd add my bestie Mary as well, we share the same interests as well and I just love her! The three of us would have so much fun!

19. Most surreal travel moment?

The nature in Canada, everything is so wide and the distances are huge, we’re not used to that in Switzerland.

20. Three people you would like to see do this tag

I’d love to see Aven and Mary do this tag and anyone else who wants to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment