Wednesday 25 November 2015

Some kind of Wonderful - by Sarah Morgan

Original Cover
My own copy















The blurb:

Her whole life, Puffin Islander Brittany Forrest has dreamed of adventure. And at the age of eighteen, she thought she'd found it in bad boy Zachary Flynn. But after just ten tempestuous, smoldering days, their whirlwind marriage went up in smoke, and Brittany resolved to put him out of her mind forever.

Zach knows he let Brittany down, but being back on Puffin Island and seeing Brittany again stirs up long-buried emotions. This daredevil pilot has never felt worthy of her, yet he can't stay away—even when he knows the chemistry between them will only complicate his life.

As long, hot summer days on the beach dissolve into sultry, starry nights, Brittany and Zach find that the sparks between them are more powerful than ever. Could it be that the second time around, their dreams of a happy-ever-after will finally come true?

My Opinion:

We are book of Puffin Island, yay! I absolutely loved the first book of this series First Time in Forever, so I was really excited for this one.

This book follows the story of Brittany and Zach. They were together many many years ago and they were also married. Zach broke her heart back then though and she was determined to forget he was ever part of her life.

Not so fast though, they meet again and they attraction and chemistry between them is electric. We learn a lot about their past as a couple, but also their childhood in this book and Sarah found a great way to put this all into the story. Both characters have baggage and since their last encounter 10 years ago, they have changed a lot, matured and grown up, become real adults.

I loved their scenes together, it seemed liked they have never left each other, they hit it off immediately, in the most passionate and sexy way. However, they also got to know each other again in a new way.

The Puffin Island series focuses on a group of friends and it was great to read about Emily, Lizzy and Ryan again, I loved them so much. I now can’t wait for Skylar’s story.

I have to say that First Time in Forever is still me favourite of the series, it kind of gripped me more. It’s hard to explain, but in this book something was missing for me.

It was still a wonderful story and I loved how Sarah described the setting around this beautiful island. The characters she creates are great, they all have a real connection and they care for each other. It’s a wonderful summer read (yes I didn’t read it in summer) and perfect for romance lovers.

Rating:




My possible cast:

Brittany: Cassandra Jean
















Zach: Stephen Amell
































Sarah on Twitter: @SarahMorgan_

No comments:

Post a Comment