Friday 27 November 2015

Promoting Blog Posts


When I started blogging I promoted my blog post with one tweet and that was it. Going through this blogging journey, learning something new every day has taught me a lot of things about promoting blog posts. You can do it on several platforms and there are some small little tricks.

Twitter: Tweeting is one thing, but there are things you can include in your tweets to get more attention and retweets. Retweets give you a wider audience, because your followers share it with their followers, so the window opens up.

-       Tweet more than once on a day. Your followers might not live in the same timezone and some people are online in the morning, others in the afternoon and others again in the evening. To reach out to all of them it’s important to tweet at least three times.
-       Add a picture to the tweet. Pictures attract a lot of people and you can definitely reach out to more people like that. I also realised that adding the right emojis attracts people ;).
-       Tag/Mention relevant people like pubishers and authors in your tweet. They will read your reviews and posts and might retweet them. Like this you can also get their feedback, which significant to develop your reviews/blog posts.
-       Add hashtags to your tweets. It can be the name of the book your promoting, but also hastags of the blogging community: #bookbloggers, #lbloggers, #ltbloggers, #travelbloggers etc.
-       Participate in twitter chats. There are so many Twitter chats out there for all kind of bloggers, with all kind of topics. You can get to know so many other bloggers like that, they are fun and you can promote your blog.

Facebook: I created a Facebook Like page for my blog. On there I share all my blog posts and I also post pictures of my bookpost and other things. For Facebook adding pictures and tagging authors and publishers is also very important. It gets authors and bloggers to share your post on their own Facebook page, which again opens you of to a wider audience. On Facebook there are so many groups, get into them and share your posts there as well.

Google +: I have Blogger and it’s connected to my Google + account. So whenever I publish a post it gets shared on my Google + page automatically. I have a lot of followers on there, who are not on twitter for example, so I reach them as well.

Bloglovin: This is a great platform for bloggers, you can follow all your favourite blogs and Bloglovin adds all your newest post on the platform. It’s also connected to my Twitter account, so there is an automatic tweet.

Pinterest: Pinterest is great for pictures and I share all of my posts on there. The pictures is the main focus, I add a good description and the link to my blog. The description is important, because people search things on pinterest and when you add the name of the book and the author, it pops up in their results.

Keywords: Keywords make it easier to find your blog in a search engine, so give the blog post a good name and also add links everywhere.

Comment and interact: Comment on other blog posts, share your opinions and share them as well. The interaction with other bloggers is important, you get their attention, you exchange your thoughts and that helps you promoting your own blog, because you build up connections. When there are people commenting on a blog post answer them. It shows them that you value their opinion and that you take your time answering them, also thank them, it will make them happy!

Emails: As a blogger you get contacted by a lot of people via email. Make sure you take your time answering every single one of them, always be polite. People value this and might even recommend you, which opens another window and chance.

Add context when sharing: Just leaving the link doesn’t do it! Add a little introduction and explain what your sharing.

Of course there are more platforms you can use, these are the ones I use.

What do you do for promoting your blog posts? Share your experiences here!

2 comments:

  1. These are the same social media forms that I use to share my blog posts. Great tips! I always share my new post several times on Twitter the day it goes live and I also reshare older posts aswell. I have enabled twitter cards so that an image and short description are included in my tweets. Today I set up Facebook authorship so that when my blog is skated on Facebook by anyone, it has a byline with a link to my Facebook page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are the same social media forms that I use to share my blog posts. Great tips! I always share my new post several times on Twitter the day it goes live and I also reshare older posts aswell. I have enabled twitter cards so that an image and short description are included in my tweets. Today I set up Facebook authorship so that when my blog is skated on Facebook by anyone, it has a byline with a link to my Facebook page.

    ReplyDelete