Wednesday 6 May 2015

From Notting Hill With Love…Actually – by Ali McNamara

My own copy
Original Cover














The blurb:

She was just a girl, standing in front of a boy . . . wishing he looked more like Hugh Grant.

Scarlett loves the movies. But does she love sensible fiancé David just as much? With a big white wedding on the horizon, Scarlett really should have decided by now . . .

When she has the chance to house-sit in Notting Hill - the setting of one of her favourite movies - Scarlett jumps at the chance. But living life like a movie is trickier than it seems, especially when her new neighbour Sean is so irritating. And so irritatingly handsome, too.

Scarlett soon finds herself starring in a romantic comedy of her very own: but who will end up as the leading man?

My Opinion:

I have been wanting to read this for ages! I heard so many great things about Ali's writing and especially that s ries, so I was really excuted to read it! Now I finally got round to it and all I can say is taht it is just FABULOUS!!! And the cover is gorgeous 💕

Scarlett O'Brien is a big movie fan, she co-owns a business with her father, they sell, install etc. popcorn machines, so it's all connected to the movies. She lives the think about mivie scenes and alsi connects them to her real life. This gets her in "trouble" with her fiancé David and also her gest friend Maddie and her fatherr. They all think dhe is more than ibsessed with films and thhat she thinks life is a movie. To prove them wrong Scarlett takes a break and goes to Notting Hill to house-sit. Even arriving there and then spending time in Notting Hill she sees herself in several movie scenes. I lived all the movie references, ur was great to read about Scarlett imagining herself and the people around her in the characters. From Nitting Hill, to Pretty Woman iver the Four Weddings and A Funeral, so many awesome movie refernces.

The book stars spot in and I was hooked immediately. They way Scarlet meets Oscar and then tells him why she is here is just awesome, so well described and full if spark and energy!

Reading about Scarlett's life with David made me dislike him, he seemed boring and just not the right type for Scarlett. She's full of life and passion and they didn't have anything in common.

Now let's talk about the house-sitting, or should I rather say the neighbozr that comes with it. He's called Sean Bond, he is his own boss and he is drop dead gorgeous. He and Scarlett are off on a rocky start, but they get along really well after a while. I felt that they had a special chemistry from the start.

Meeting Oscar opens a lot of doors for Scarlett and they form a . great friendship. Next to him she also gets to know Sean's sister Ursula (so funny why they have the names they have 😉). Them knowing about Scarlett's mivie obsession, a lot of movie scnes come up and Scarlett suddenly finds herself traveling to Glasgow with Sean to go to a wedding (Four Weddings and a Funeral). On the train ride the two if them get to know each other better and it gets personel really fast. I enjoyed reading about their lives and I lived their teasing. Meeting Sean's dad and his step mon Diana opens a possibility for Scarlett to find her mom.
She starts looking for her, but it's harder than she thought. Sean encourages her and starts helping her, I really loved that about him! I also really liked how he reacted to all her movie mentions.

Her best friend Maddie's wedding comes up, Sacrlett invites Sean and they gave a great time at the joint hen night/stag do, in the wedding day David arrives and trouble is ahead. Let's just say it really gets intense and dramatic here! Sean also has news about Scarlett's mother and she finds herself looking for her in Paris with Sean. Their chemistry gets more magical and I have to say that I just lived their scenes together, but what about David?!

Back in London Scarlett is confused and doesn't really kniw what she wants! Her father and irher people don't make the situation easier. When Scarlett finds her mother the stiry gets even more interesting, we later find out what was behind it all and just 💖💖💖

It comes to a huge showdown when everybidy meets and Scarlett thinks she has made a decision, especially after talking to her mum and also her dad! Scarlett really had me worried until the end, I couldn't bare the uncertainty and I was scared that she might make the wrong decision. The end though was just brilliant, fabulous and everything great out together, I LOVED it!!! And the connection to some movies was fantastic. I couldn't stop smiling, it's so romantic!

I'm so glad I finally picked up an Ali McNamara book, because she is a brilliant writer that has her own unique voice and so much spark!
The storyline is perfectly well lined out, the scenes are authentic, vivid, I literally felt like watching a movie. It has many LOL moments and memorable scenes, the characters are awesome and it's also very touching and emotional. It's the perfect chick-lit! I couldn't put ut down and I can't wait to read book 2 and 3 of this fabulous series!!!!!

Rating: 










My possible cast:

Scarlett: Alexis Knapp (with dark hair)
















Sean: Colton Haynes





























David: Johnathan Rhys Meyers















Ali on Twitter: @AliMcNamara


No comments:

Post a Comment