Tuesday 8 September 2015

The Story of My Book Corner – Isabell of Dreaming with Open Eyes


Books have always been a huge part of my life; it all started when I was little my mom was reading goodnight stories to me. When I grew up I loved picture books and I couldn’t wait to go to school to learn reading myself. Since I can remember I always preferred to take a book and find a corner to read it, without any disturbance, over any other activity – that’s what I did in most of my summer & winter holidays as a child. Over the years my collection grew and grew. Surely, from time to time, I gave some books away for charity or my local library because I had no place to store them anymore or grew out of them. I spend most of my reading time in my comfy bed. When the weather is nice I love to read outside on our balcony on my favorite armchair.

Writing this blog post gave me a reason to re-arrange my book collection. It was a bit of a mess to be honest. At the moment I have two (three, if you count my kindle too) different places where I store my books. Unfortunately I don’t have enough space to keep them all together. In the future, I dream of setting up a room, full of my favorite books. I have plans to fill the walls, from top to bottom, with those books. Wouldn’t it be lovely to spend my “me-time” in a room, inhaling the bookish smell and heading off to a faraway land? Maybe in rooms like this? That be my dream come true.







Here is a picture of the first bookshelf. Sadly it’s outside of my room because I have no space in m room for it. When it comes to locating the books on the shelves they are sorted by the author. I group books of the same author (or a series) together. I live in Germany so I obviously started reading German books when I was young. On the shelf are books like my German Harry Potter books, the Twilight Series or books I read at school. When I was living in Ireland five years ago, I started reading English books so my collection of them grew and grew too. My favorite books of this shelf are Paige Toons, Lindsey Kelks and Samantha Youngs books.


The second shelf is in my room. It holds books I received to review, books I’ve won, books been gifted to me or books I bought for myself. Unfortunately I have not read many of them. Too many books too little time.


Thank you so much for reading my blog post! It was my pleasure to be a guest on Sky’s Book Corner. Thank you so much for having me on your blog today Simona!

No comments:

Post a Comment