Monday 20 July 2015

My Favourite Places to Read by Trish B.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic



Today I welcome the lovely Trish on the blog, she has written about her favourite places to read, enjoy.

---

So I have a few places which I loved to read and I would say that these are my favourite:

  • In bed
  • In the spare room
  • Outside
  • The bath
One or two of them may seem a bit strange, but I have reasons for them all.

I love reading in bed, this has to be the best place as I do not get distracted, I am the sort of person who gets distracted really easily, by TV or people coming to talk to me or just staring into the distance. In bed I have everything I could want, comfort and the ability to lie in numerous different positions and not get bored. Plus I often have the cat with me and if I need a break I just give him a cuddle, plus he works as a great hot water bottle. I tend to read in bed for an hour or so before I go to sleep, but it means no interruptions and I really like that, plus on a few occasions I have fallen asleep with the book in my hand but at least I haven’t had to move, I have just put the book away.

In our house we have a spare room, it has a sofa and a TV in it but it also holds ALL of my tbr pile. I don’t know what it is about this room that I love so much but as it’s the warmest room in the house which means I can snuggle on the sofa with a blanket and a pillow and just get cosy and dig into a really great book. Its perfect in the winter time, you can just get a cup of tea and shut the door and block people out. The rest of the family don’t tend to enter this room I seem to have taken it over. The cat often joins me in here and he sleeps on his chair. Like I mentioned before I am easily distracted, but in this room I often find myself having the TV on mute in the background while reading or reading during the ad breaks.

I love reading outside, especially in the sunshine or on holiday. I do find myself watching nature and people rather than reading half the time. But when you do get focused and being able to lie in the sun with a book just makes the environment in the book all the more real, you can allow yourself to get lost in the book and not worry what other people are thinking about, I find I do is a lot more on holiday than I do here at home, I like to have silence when I read outside but on holiday you can block out other people which is great. It’s just you and your book. You can see what others are reading and have the moment of oo I really enjoyed that one or oo I really want to read that one.

Now for the most obscure of the lot, the bath. There is nothing better/nicer than at the end of a stressful day running a nice hot bubble bath, taking a good book and reading until the water goes cold. You dive in to you book and if your like me find yourself 100 pages later saying of I should probably get out now just because you don’t want to put the book down. It is a little piece of tranquillity. There is no one to bother you, no one will walk in and out of the room (if they did I would be a bit worried!). If you have never read in the bath you probably should give it a go, you will fall in love with it, some people listen to music or the radio for me it’s a book. You can get through so many books by adding another one to the bath room and I have to say I have read some ones that I never thought I would have just because I can read a few pages at a time rather than all at once, it’s a great way to concur difficult books.

So those are my favourite places to read, everyone I’m sure has different places, but silence and being on my own if where I find the most peaceful and where I have the most focus. 

---

Trish on Twitter: @TSpa2
Blog: http://thelifeoftrishb.tumblr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment