Monday 6 July 2015

Blogger Q&A with Michelle

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

















Michelle from Sugardust and Starlight has joined me on Sky's Book Corner today. 

---

1. Where were you born and where do you call home?

I was born in Torquay (Devon) but moved to Manchester in 2013, which is where I currently call home.

2. How long have you been blogging and why did you start doing it? 

My current blog (Sugardust and Starlight) has been going since last summer. I’ve been blogging for a couple of years but across a couple of different websites and blogs; it’s taken me until now to settle down into blogging and I guess, into myself!

3. What is the name of the book you most recently blogged about?
’The Report’ by Jessica Francis Kane.

4. What did you think about the cover?

It was bleak – I understand that it was meant to illustrate bleak times but I think it may put many potential readers off.

5. If you could ask the Author 3 questions what would they be?

Why did she choose this real life tragedy to write about?
Was it hard to write given that the author is from a different country and lives in different times than the tragedy?
Why did she choose to weave the fictional story she did?

6. What is you most favorite character and why?

Ada. Technically she’s at fault but she’s just so human, vulnerable and tries to offset her faults, you can’t help but like her. In truth, she could be any one of us.

7. What genre is your favorite and why?

There’s no particular genre – I like general fiction but I’ll give anything a go. Young adult can be appealing as a lot oft he populär series are being published in this genre at the moment.

8. If you were shipwrecked on a desert island what 3 books would you want with you?

My Family and Other Animals by Gerald Durrell
Howard’s End by E M Forster
Survival Lessons by Alice Hoffman

9. Is there an Author that you would really like to meet?

Alice Hoffman! She’s been my favourite author for nearly 12 years and I have collected every book she’s written or conributed to.

10. Do you prefer ebooks, paperbacks or hardcover?

Paperbacks are my preference. Hardbacks are nice for bookshelves but bulky for journeys and the outer covers are peksy during read. Ebooks are great for holidays but not as satisfying as a paperback!

11. Where do you prefer to buy your books?

Waterstones – I don’t buy books often so when I do it’s a well thought out decision and I use Click& Collect.

12. Have you ever read a book more than once?

Very many! I tend to read ’My Family and Other Animals’ by Gerald Durrell and ’Howard’s End’ at least once every year! I also re-read my Alice Hoffman novel collection.

13. What book are you currently reading?

High Fidelity by Nick Hornby

14. What book are you about to start reading?

The Firm by John Grisham

15. Have you read a book that you would like to rewrite the ending of?

The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton. spoiler alert I would have liked Marin to have lived and raised her child; it would have been a hopeful, brighter ending that did the emotional depth of the book justice.

16. Do you have a favorite book cover? Chose up to 3 if you like.

The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton (especially the blue edged pages!)
Tender is the night by F Scott Fitzgerald

Incantation by Alice Hoffman






















17. If you could plan the perfect holiday, what would it be?

I would go back to Lanzarote and re-do the whole island whistle stop tour! The rest of the holiday I’d just love to be in the sun, by the pool with a book!

18. How often do you blog?

Whenever I feel inspired! Sometimes it’s just a post every couple of weeks, sometimes I have a handful of ideas over a couple of days!

19. What’s your favorite color?

Red! I’ve kitted out my whole living room with a red, black and cream colour scheme!

20. What are 5 items you never leave home without.

Mobile phone, lip balm, keys, a pen (or many!) and a notebook.

21.Favorite book character crush.  Yes you can pick 2 :)

Honestly? None! I don’t think I’ve read any crush-worthy books this year! :o

22. Sleep in or get up early?

Sleep in! But get up early if it’s a work day and I want to fit in some of my own things like blogging before I head off.

23. Summer or winter?

Summer!

24. White wine or red?

Red!

25. Coffee or tea?

I like both equally – tea for comfort, coffee for va va voom when energy levels are dipping!

26. Where can we find you?

My blog: www.sugardustandstarlight.co.uk
My facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/sugardustandstarlight
My Goodreads page: https://www.goodreads.com/_rainflower
Twitter: www.twitter.com/_rainflower
Other: Instagram : https://instagram.com/sugardustandstarlight/

No comments:

Post a Comment