Monday 21 July 2014

‪Sex Me Up Readathon

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The lovely Gosling Girls have come up with a great readathon, it’s all about sex in books...

The readathon is starting today and going on till Friday.
For more information click on this link: http://sexmeupreadathon.wordpress.com

Here is what they say about it:

WHAT IS THE #SEXMEUPREADATHON?


Do you ever find yourself feeling embarrassed about reading erotic fiction? Do you want to talk about the sex you read in books with other people? Do you want to join a group of people and talk about erotic fiction and sex for a whole week?
Well now you CAN!
For one week in July we are going to dust off our erotic novels stashed away at the back of the bookcases, sit down and enjoy the exciting and pleasurable world of sex in books. Not only that, we want you to talk to each other about them too. Often we want to stand and shout, THIS BOOK HAS MADE ME HOT AND BOTHERED AND I MIGHT NEED TO CHANGE MY UNDERWEAR and we want to have no shame in saying that – why should we? Erotic fiction is designed to arouse you, make you excited and thrill you!

I’ll be talking about what I’m planning to read today and how I started reading erotica. At the end of the week there will be another post about the week as a wrap up.

So, I think the best way to start all this is to tell you that I’ve never read The 50 Shades books. I’ve never come round to them and most people I’ve been talking to didn’t really like the series.
I started blogging about a year ago and before that I’ve never read Erotica or a New Adult book. I’ve grown more and more into it by reading different books recommended by some lovely blogger friends and authors I’ve got to know on Twitter. Here’s a list of books I’ve read:

-       How To Win A Guy in 10 Dates by Jane Linfoot
-       The Right Side of Mr Wrong by Jane Linfoot
-       April Showers by Karli Perrin
-       April Fools by Karli Perrin
-       Late Call by Emma Hart
-       Final Call by Emma Hart
-       The Vixen and the Vet by Katy Regnery
-       Crazy Undercover Love by Nikki Moore 

April Showers has been the first one from them for me to read and I loved it! Not all oft hem contain the same amount of sex and some of them might even won’t go through as Erotica, but still...
I’m very glad I’ve discovered Emma Hart, her books are brilliant and she has included the sex scenes brilliantly. Her books are very passionate and steamy, I like that ;) Katy Regnery is my Queen of Romance and the books of her are more just normal romance books, but the Vixen and the Vet is different...

So now here is a possible list of books I’ll be reading in the SexMeUpReadathon week:

-       On Dublin Street by Samantha Young
-       Down London Road by Samantha Young
-       Before Jamaica Lane by Samantha Young
-       Beautiful Bastard by Christina Lauren 
-       Reasonable Doubt by Whitney Gracia Williams
-       Nothing Hill Diaries by Sarah Morgan
      High Heels & Bicycle Wheels by Jane Linfoot
-       The Love Game by Emma Hart 




The ones I’ve marked are first on my list, we’ll see have far I get because I won’t have much time this week. 
There are some lovely other bloggers being part of this, so look out for posts and discussions. There will be a Q&A with me on Wednesday, check it out here: http://sexmeupreadathon.wordpress.com/2014/07/19/181/

Under these hashtags you’ll find more:

#SexMeUp
#SexMeUpReadathon

#LetsGetItOn



1 comment:

  1. Have fun reading those books! I love your photos as usual :).

    ReplyDelete