Wednesday, 14 September 2016

Sky's Musical Corner - Musical Q&A with Paris


•     What’s your favourite musical ever?

I love so many, but I think Wicked is probably my absolute fave.

•     What comes to mind when you hear the word Musical?

Fun, magic, emotions, laughter, music, tears - they're one of my favourite things in the world,they just make me feel all warm and fuzzy!

•     Have you ever seen a Musical on the West End or Broadway?

I saw Beauty and the Beast on Broadway and on the West End I've seen Caboret, Kinky Boots, Wicked, The Lion King (twice!) and Dirty Dancing.

•     What’s the next musical you want to see?

I'd love to see The Book of Mormon and Matilda.

•     Which musicals have you seen live?

I try and get to every musical I can, I've seen Blood Brothers, Joseph, Les Miserables, Phantom of the Opera, Jesus Christ Superstar, Hairspray, Guys and Dolls and probably a few more I'm forgetting! I've also been in performances of Oliver, The Sound of Music and Legally Blonde, to name a few.

•     What’s your favourite song out of a musical?

So hard to choose just one! Defying Gravity is just sensational, and I have a slight obsession with A Little Fall of Rain from Les Mis.

•     Who’s you favourite Musical actress?

Idina Menzel, she's my idol!

•     Who’s you favourite Musical actor?

Michael Ball is just a classic and I also love Lee Mead.

•     Best Musical movie you have ever seen?

Tough choice between Wicked and The Lion King, the staging for both were phenomenal and the performances were astounding. I saw Idina Menzel doing Wicked though, so that probably wins it for me!

•     Which book would you turn into a musical?

Ooh great question! I'd choose a really cute chick lit which would have some really fun and really moving songs, maybe something like PS. I Love You, though on the other hand who wouldn't want to see a full blown Harry Potter musical?!

•     Which musical has the best soundtrack?

Wicked and Les Mis are both amazing, I also love The Last Five Years and Legally Blonde, which both have fantastic sound tracks.

•     Take your favourite Musical and put together your own dream cast.

Elphaba - Me (I can say this is in a dream cast!)
Fiyero - Lee Mead
Glinda - Kristen Chenoweth (she's perfect, doesn't need changing!)
Nessa - Anna Kendrick

•     Who is your favourite Musical composer?

Andrew Lloyd Webber

•     Which Musical made/makes you cry?

An embarrassing amount of them, but Les Miserabes literally gets me in floods of tears.

Paris on Twitter: @PBscribbles

No comments:

Post a Comment