Monday 15 August 2016

My Childhood Memories


It’s my birthday!!! I’m 27 today, I can’t really believe it, I’m so close to 30 now. Well anyway, I wanted to write about my childhood memories for a while, so I thought my birthday would be a good occasion for that.

Of course, like everyone, I can’t remember a lot, so here is a collection of my favourite and most important memories.

When I was between 2 and 6 years old I had crazy curly hair, more than I do now. So wherever I went with my parents people wanted to touch my hair. I remember one moment in Italy. My mum was in the bus with me and and old woman came up and asked, if my hair is naturally curly. My mum said yes and the women actually asked to touch my hair. The was really weird and everyone was staring at me, I didn’t like this situation at all.

I lot of my memories seem to be connected to holidays, here is the first one. Every year we went to the beach in Tuscany. We went to a place called Castiglione della Pescaia. We always stayed in A bungalow at the Roccamare resort. Across the street from the hotel complex was a Bar & Giriglia. It’s a great restaurant and we basically went there every single day. We got to know the owners and they have become great friends. The holidays down there will always have a special place in my heart, because of these friends, the location and all the amazing memories. After a while we change the hotel and started staying at the Riva del Sole. Last time I went there was in 2011, I hope I’ll be there soon again.

I move on to some school memories. In 1st and 2nd grade I had the same teacher. We all didn’t like her at all. We learned to write then and she gave us a little board, where we had to repeat words and letters neatly. I remember that, if she saw one mistake or it wasn’t quite perfect, she made us erase everything and we had to start all over again. That was hard and tough, not my favourite teacher, as you can guess. Whenever I think back to this, I try to tell myself that I never want to teach the way she did.

Connected to school is my next memory. In first grade all girls had a crush on the same boy. We all used to write little love letters to him and he basically never had a minute of silence. He eventually picked one of us (not me sadly), so it was over from one minute to the other. We were all heartbroken…

Another holiday memory and this time it’s Florida! So apparently I went to Florida for the first time when I was two. I don’t remember a thing! The next time we when I think I was around 9 years old. We went to Orlando of course and did Disney World and Epcot Center. That was amazing! I had such a wonderful time and always love remembering these moments.

My probably saddest memory is connected to the year 2001. We all know what happened September 11th, we know what we did that day, where we were and how we learn about the devastating news. Only a few weeks later on September 27th we had an attack in our state’s parliament. I crazy guy just went in there and shot several people. My class teacher was one of them. We always knew that he sometimes has to go there and we had a substitute teacher. So I went to school that day. When I got home for lunch my mum told me to turn on the TV and then we watched the news. We just heard what happened, but we didn’t know anything about dead people yet. With a weird feeling I went back to school in the afternoon and I started talking about it to my classmates. Some mums were there as well. Eventually we were sent into the church just next to our school and waited, our mums were there as well. Somebody brought a big white poster and we just wrote down our thoughts. And then came the moment, they told us he was dead. I can’t remember what I felt then. I think it’s just a blur, also the days after. We didn’t have school and they had to figure out what do do know. Luckily the holidays started a few days later and we all just had to get away. After the holidays we had a new teacher, I remember that that was really weird. The whole situation brought us really close together as a class.

I don’t want to finish this post with something sad, so here is one more memory. I started my ballet lesson at the age of five. I really enjoyed it. The older I got, the more I wanted to get away from ballet (I regret that now), so I started doing Modern Jazz, Jazz and then also Hip Hop. I loved going to my lessons every single week. I was part of a lot of performances and standing on stage gave me a great feeling. I think it was probably to start of my “journey” on stage. I also met a lot of very lovely girls there, so of which I still call my close friends.

What are your most precious childhood memories, let me know in the comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment