Monday 5 January 2015

Blogger Q&A - Eve

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

















1. Where were you born and where do you call home?

Born and raised in Perak, Malaysia. Currently, I spend more time in Kuala Lumpur, heart of Malaysia. Anywhere with my family is home.

2. How long have you been blogging and why did you start doing it? 

I started my blog in 2012. So I guess, I have been blogging for two years and a bit. I’d never have started it without my best friend’s encouragement. I started Eve’s Chick Lit Reviews because I want to let people know how books affected my life and hope they feel the same way. The reading culture is slowly dying in today’s society and I hope through blogging, I could change the that. I love how I get to share my reading experiences with other readers and let them know what books are worth their time. A book is not an education until it is shared.

The blog is my heart and soul now, that if you take it away from me, I might crumble. It has brought so much meaning to my life and it is probably one of the greatest achievements in my life so far.

3. What is the name of the book you most recently blogged about?

Erm, I guess it has to be The Year of Taking Chances by Lucy Diamond.

4. What did you think about the cover?

Gorgeous, the colours are my thing.

5. If you could ask the Author 3 questions what would they be?

Erm, this is difficult!

(a)   If you could go back in time and tell Shakespeare one thing about Romeo and Juliet, what would it be and why?
(b)  How do you choose names for your characters?
(c)   Which book do you consider as your best work?

6. What is your most favorite character and why?

Angela Clark from I Heart series by Lindsey Kelk. She is everything I want to be. She gets only better as the series goes longer. Hope it will never end.

7. What genre is your favorite and why?

Definitely chick lit. I could talk all day or even write a book about it. Chick lit is the only thing that could make reality bearable. The feeling of getting lost in a fictional world built by words is the best especially when I feel horrible. I love happy, beautiful endings, who doesn’t?

8. If you were shipwrecked on a desert island what 3 books would you want with you?

This is not something I can answer. Can I have more pleaseeeeeeeeee? Just three, ermmmm. I Heart Christmas by Lindsey Kelk, A Hundred Pieces of Me by Lucy Dillon and How to Fall in Love by Cecelia Ahern.

9. Is there an Author that you would really like to meet?

I guess, I would LOVE to meet Lisa Dickenson! And give her a big, big hug. I think she knows I love her a lot.

10. Do you prefer ebooks, paperbacks or hardcover?

Hardcovers at the mo. I like paperbacks too but since I am in university now, I have less time to wrap them.

11. Where do you prefer to buy your books?

Local bookstores. Never purchased anything online as I can’t choose and might end up buying more books than I intend to.

12. Have you ever read a book more than once?

Yep, definitely. Dear John because it’s my fave book by Nicholas Sparks and the film is one of my faves.

13. What book are you currently reading?

Reading nothing at the mo. Struggling to choose between two books to read.

14. What book are you about to start reading?

Maybe, My True Love Gave to Me.

15. Have you read a book that you would like to rewrite the ending of?

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. Gus shouldn’t die!

16. Do you have a favorite book cover? Choose up to 3 if you like.

I Heart Christmas by Lindsey Kelk, Shopaholic Ties the Knot by Sophie Kinsella and The Unfinished Symphony of Me and You by Lucy Robinson.

17. If you could plan the perfect holiday, what would it be?

I want to visit all the bookstores in United Kingdom in December (because it is Christmassss), spend a week in Disneyland (buy many snowglobes) and probably stalk Andy Brown (of Lawson).

18. How often do you blog?

I guess, twice a week? Probably more sometimes.

19. What’s your favorite color?

At the moment, dusty pink. And maybe all shades of pink.

20. What are 5 items you never leave home without?

My glasses, mobile phone, keys, purse and laptop.

21. Favorite book character crush. Yes you can pick 2 :)

Alex Reid (of I Heart series by Lindsey Kelk) and Nick (of The Twelve Dates of Christmas by Lisa Dickenson)

22. Sleep in or get up early?

Sleep in.

23. Summer or winter?

I live in a country where it’s summer everyday. So, I guess I would love to experiece winter one day.

24. White wine or red?

I guess I am okay with both. Not much of a wine drinker.

25. Coffee or tea?

Both. But I prefer tea now.

26. Where can we find you?




Evelyn is the owner of Eve’s Chick Lit Reviews from sunshiny land, Malaysia. She is currently chasing her dreams and doing an English & Public Relations degree programme. She loves blogging and reading chick lit novels. When she’s not busy hiding behind a good book, she might be playing an instrument with six strings. She is probably busy writing or designing Christmas cards as we speak. Other than that, she could be found in malls or hiding in a bookstore seeking for new colour pens, watching movies or maybe, drinking strong coffee or tea with family and close friends.
Twitter : @ChickLitterEve

No comments:

Post a Comment