Sunday 10 August 2014

What A Girl Wants - by Lindsey Kelk


Original Cover
My own copy
The blurb:

A summer bestseller from the immensely popular Lindsey Kelk Tess Brookes was the girl with a plan. Now she's the girl with a choice. Should she stay in London and start her own advertising agency with her best friend and potential boyfriend Charlie? Or should she head to exciting Milan to pursue both a new career as a photographer and a new man, the enigmatic and elusive (and highly irritating) Nick? For the first time, Tess has to choose between the life she always dreamed of and a future she never imagined possible. With her heart and her head pulling her in different directions, Tess has to make a life-changing decision about What a Girl Wants.

My Opinion:

You have no idea how long I’ve been waiting for this book! I squealed and did a happy dance all around the house. I literally couldn’t wait to be back in Tess’ adventure land.

Tess had a big decision to make: stay in London and open an advertising agency with her best friend/love of her life Charlie or go to Milan and pursue her dreams as a photographer. And there was also Nick (she met him in Hawaii) and well let’s say they started a thing, but now he wouldn’t answer his phone.

So as you see there is #TeamNick and there is #TeamCharlie, and I’m definitely Team Nick. He’s hot and very attractive. Tess has been in love with Charlie for 10 years, but he was always the best friend, until now… He kind of confessed his love for her, but he doesn’t know about Nick and well Tess cannot get Nick out of her head.

She decides to go to Milan, with a little persuasion help from Charlie, and there we meet the whole gang again: Lovely Al and awesome Kekipi. I was so happy to have him back, he’s a great friend for Tess and just so entertaining. Then we have Amy, Tess’ best friend. I loved her and she brought a lot of funny elements into this story.

When I started reading this book, I just wanted Nick to turn up. Whenever he was there I was happy and I loved seeing his and Tess’ relationship develop. It was like a little game, they loved each other one minute and were fighting the other minute, but still their connection was always there and I just adored all their scenes. Both of them had some stuff to figure out and decisions to make, and I also liked that they got to talk as well and opened up to each other. Their feelings for each other were so obvious, but not for them.
When Charlie turns up in Milan, to drama increases dramatically, which was awesome! As a reader you’re kept in the dark, about Tess and her decision, and especially Tess with her men. But she finally realised her feelings…

This book is just absolutely FABULOUS!!!! I couldn’t put it down and it has put a smile on my face all the time. Awesome characters, great storyline, very entertaining, funny, vivid and of course full of drama. Just what a chick-lit novel needs to be! The MUST READ of this summer and I definitely NEED MORE!!! We’re not done here ;)

Rating:








My possible cast:

Tess: Kathie McGrath
















Charlie: Ryan Reynolds 

















Nick: Jamie Dornan












Lindsey Kelk on Twitter: @LindseyKelk




No comments:

Post a Comment