Friday 8 August 2014

Books I Want My Future Children To Read by Jenny Marston

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Firstly a huge thank you to the lovely Simona for having me guest post today! She suggested the topic and I loved the idea because it's not really something I've ever thought about before. My own mum loves reading and she was the one that made me such an avid reader by reading to me at a young age and then recommending books to me throughout my life so I'd like to carry that on to my own children when/if I have them in the future.

I'm going to stick to one genre (mostly) here and that's Young Adult because I believe you can learn so much about life, love, friendship and yourself through these types of books – I know I have and it remains to be one of my favourite genres still.

1) The Book Thief by Markus Zusak





I know I don't stop going on about this book but I would encourage them to read it until I turned blue. Not only does it give you a bit of a history lesson, it also gives you a completely different insight and perspective into the world through Death's eyes. The family element in this book is the reason I'd want them to read it because the relationships that form between these characters are breathtakingly beautiful.








2) The Fault in Our Stars by John Green






This is another of my favourite YA books and when they got old enough to understand what was going on, I'd love for them tor read this because I think it really does enlighten you on what's important and shows that love is love, whatever the circumstances.








3) The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky






This has always been one of my favourites and I fell in love with it from the first few chapters. It's a beautiful coming-of-age story which I think a lot of people would be able to resonate with in at least some little way. The problems Charlie faces are very real so I'd like my future children to read this so they can be somewhat aware of the problems people face but also that everything will be okay in the end. 









4) The Harry Potter Series




Okay I'm cheating a bit here because I haven't actually read all of these waits to be hunted and killed. I've read 1-4 and have always been a fan of the films so although I haven't read all of them, I can still appreciate what they stand for and the valuable life lessons that lie with-in the pages which I would like my future children to be aware and a part of such an enthusiastic community. 




http://www.jennyinneverland.wordpress.com
http://www.twitter.com/jennymarston_xo
http://www.facebook.com/jennyinneverland 

No comments:

Post a Comment