Wednesday 13 August 2014

Reasonable Doubt Vol. 1 & Vol. 2 - by Whitney G. Williams

Reasonable Doubt Vol. 1 – by Whitney G. Williams
My own copy
Original Cover


The blurb:

My cock has an appetite.

A huge and very particular appetite: Blonde, curvy, and preferably not a fucking liar... (Although, that's a story for another day.)

As a high profile lawyer, I don't have time to waste on relationships, so I fulfill my needs by anonymously chatting and sleeping with women I meet online.

My rules are simple: One dinner. One night. No repeats.

This is only casual sex. Nothing more. Nothing less.

At least it was , until "Alyssa"...

She was supposed to be a 27 year old lawyer, a book hoarder, and completely unattractive. She was supposed to be someone I shared law advice with late at night, someone I could trust with details of my weekly escapades.

But then she came into my firm for an interview—a college-intern interview, and everything fucking changed...

My Opinion:

This was book #2 for my in the readathon, it’s only a short novella, you can read it in about 45 minutes.

The story follows Andrew and Aubrey. Andrew is a successful lawyer, spending his nights on the phone with a girl called Alyssa he met online.
Aubrey is at law school and she is a dancer as well. She also has a secret and that is soon to be revealed, when she goes to an interview at a law firm.

The tension between Alyssa and Andrew was almost unbearable and I never really knew what was going to happen next. The scenes between them were flirty and enjoyable, but sometimes I was missing a real storyline. The two world seemed separate at times and not really connected, which made it only a 4* book.

The chapters were always entitled with a law term that fitted the situation perfectly, such a great idea.

It was over way too soon and I was glad I could continue with Vol. 2, see me review for it down below.

Rating: 

 





Reasonable Doubt Vol. 2 – by Whitney G. Williams

Original Cover
My own copy















The blurb:

She lied to me...
She betrayed the one rule that I'm most adamant about: Honesty. Complete and utter fucking honesty.
I really wish she was someone else—someone who didn't have the ability to make me feel, someone I could easily discard like the hundreds of women before her.
She isn't.
I'm drawn to her like I've never been drawn to a woman before—completely captivated by the very sight of her. But unfortunately, with my past slowly re-surfacing for all of the world to see, I'll have to find a way to let her go.
She can never be mine.

My Opinion:

Yay, the story continues!!!

She lied to him about who she really is, but what about him?! Oh, well, his secret…
Somehow that made the story even more intense and they were drawn to each other all the time.

I was just waiting for them to admit their feelings, but that wasn’t so easy, both still had to figure out some stuff. Him dealing with his “wife” and her having problems with her parents.

We were left with a lot of open questions in the end, I really want to know how this story continues, hurry up Vol. 3!!!

A short and sexy read!!!

Rating: 

My possible cast:

Andrew: Dimitri Lekkos



Aubrey: Margot Robbie





















Whitney on Twitter: @WhitGracia



No comments:

Post a Comment