Sunday 25 May 2014

Anybody Out There? - by Marian Keyes


Original Cover
My own copy














The blurb:

Anna Walsh is officially a wreck. Physically broken and emotionally shattered, she lies on her parents' Dublin sofa with only one thing on her mind: getting back to New York. New York means her best friends, The Most Fabulous Job In The World™ and above all, it means her husband, Aidan.

But nothing in Anna's life is that simple anymore... Not only is her return to Manhattan complicated by her physical and emotional scars – but Aidan seems to have vanished. Is it time for Anna to move on? Is it even possible for her to move on? A motley group of misfits, an earth-shattering revelation, two births and one very weird wedding might help Anna find some answers – and change her life forever.

My Opinion:

Anybody out there? Was my second book to read by Marian Keyes. After The Brightest Star in the Sky I hoped for this one to be more of my taste. And it was!!! :)

Anna went through a lot in the past few months and she still hasn’t discovered. As a reader you don’t really know (yet) what happened, but one can guess. I guessed in the worst direction, and was so sorry I was right.

She returns to New York, back to her friends, her job and Aiden. However, he is not there and we will soon find out why (read it if you want to know why ;)).
Well, Aiden and Anna are married and I really enjoyed reading about how they got to know each other and how their relationship developed. They seemed so perfect for each other and now…

Marian has found a great way to get Anna’s personality and her grief into the story and it makes you feel with the character all the time. Anna is trying different things to make her feel better, but nothing seems to work. I think it’s lovely how she meets different people along the way and they become a part of her life and they make her feel better as well. Slowly she is realising the truth and is starting to cope with the situation. That’s when another bomb explodes and turns everything upside down again. This twist gives the story a new direction and makes Anna even more adorable.
The fact the she can make peace is so important and she can move on. The writing of this book is so moving and emotional.

We learn that Anna has found her happiness in the end, but with whom? Well for that to find out, we’d have to read Marian’s next book about the Walsh sisters. I just wanna know it now!!!

I really enjoyed the book, but the Marian Keyes book just don't seem to click with me, the last spark is missing.  

Rating:

My possible cast:

Anna: Isabell Lucas




Aiden: Paul Wesley










Marian on Twitter: @MarianKeyes
Website: http://www.mariankeyes.com/Home

1 comment:

  1. oh! Read this AGES ago! Can't really remember much about it or how I liked it.. I think I was a bit too young for it back then! x

    ReplyDelete