Saturday 11 January 2014

My Top 5 Movies including music

Image and video hosting by TinyPic



Yes, I'm an avid reader, but I also have another passion and that's music, whether it's singing, dancing, playing to piano or only listening to it. I love movies where music plays an important role, so here are my favorites.

      1. Les Miserables
      2. Pitch Perfect
      3. Raise Your Voice
      4. Burlesque
      5. Frozen


    1. Les Miserables

As you probably already know I love Les Mis. I’ve seen the Musical on the West End and it was amazing. The story is so deep and the songs fit perfectly. I was overexcited when I heard they’re making a movie out o fit and then I saw the cast: Wow! Well the movie was fabulous and I love the fact, that all the actors were singing life in front oft he camera. Hugh Jackman as Jean Valjean was breathtaking. He’s a great actor and his voice is great. Samantha Barks played Eponine which really made me happy. I already knew her from I’d do anything,  a casting show on the BBC, where they were looking for Nancy in Oliver! For the West End show. And I totally fell in love with Aaron Tveit and Eddie Redmayne, real talents. I literally had to cry at the end of the movie.

    2. Pitch Perfect

  Great movie about an accepella group at college. Funny storyline and an awesome soundtrack. Anna Kendrick did a great job.

3. Raise Your Voice

 I watched that movie many many years ago, it’s with Hilary Duff. She plays a girl, who wants to go to LA for a music camp, her dad is against it. Her brother send in the application and then he dies. She gets in and goes to LA, also for her brother. Romantic and adorable movie, inluding great songs.

4. Burlesque

Wonderful actors and Christina Aguilera is just awesome in that movie, the role fits perfectly. A lot of drama, but also great music, wonderful dances and more...

5. Frozen

Before I even saw this Disney movie I listened to some songs of the soundtrack on YouTube and I instantly fell in love with the music and the lyrics. The songs sound like out of a great and successful Musical and you all no I like Musicals a lot. Let It Go sang by Idina Menzel is amazing, can't get enough of it and also the other songs are lovely, big compliments to the composers. Then I finally got to see the movie and I loved it. A story with lots of depth and messages and courageous characters. I'm actually listening to the soundtrack right now ;). 

Well, that was it already, I would have had other movies to share with you, but I wanted to focus on these five. Tomorrow another review will be up. Have a nice weekend lovely reads and btw I'd really appreciate it, if you could follow me on bloglovin: Follow Sky's Book Corner on bloglovin . Thank you :)



1 comment:

  1. Whenever I watch Les Mis, I always have butterflies in my stomach - it leaves me on the edge of my seat. It's such a beautiful and haunting - I think that's the word I'm looking for - musical! I enjoy the rest of these movies too and ADORE Frozen. It's one of my absolute favourites. I love how it completely deserves a "musical" title as well as being an awesome Disney film! Awesome post, Simona!

    ReplyDelete