Tuesday 14 August 2018

Overthinking everything – how to change that


Whether it’s a little mistakes or an accident. It can only affect yourself or other people as well. Most people tend to overthink stuff like this, I am definitely one of them. 

Usually when someone says something to me, whether it’s positive or negative, but I can’t get it out of my mind and start thinking about it all the time. The same thing goes for things that happen on the road, when I’m driving. Shocking things just don’t go out of my head and keep going over them and the impact for a few days at least. Of course after time these little things go away. 
I’m a very confident person, but somehow I catch myself thinking about what other people might think of me or the thing I just said. I don’t want to do that, but somehow it keeps to be an issue. 

I think it’s important to stop think about things you can’t control anyway and second-guessing just makes you insecure. 

Here are some tips for not overthinking too much: 

-      Awareness:Try to catch yourself doing and try to stop, do something else. The more you do the that, the more you get used to it. 
-      Focus on the positive:Let go oft he negative thoughts and think about things that make you happy. 
-      Take a nap/Sleep: Just relax and take a break, it’s good, for your brain and body. 
-      Do things that make you happy: Focus on your hobbies, do them with passion and joy!
-      Write down your thoughts: If you are a blogger, you know that this helps. Let go of your thoughts. 
-      Talk to someone: It helps sharing your feelings with someone else, even if they are just listening. 
-      Listen to music: Music always helps. 
-      Relax: Just chill. 

Most importantly, don’t let the overthinking take you down. It’s ok to do that. You can’t be perfect, nobody is and that’s totally fine. 


No comments:

Post a Comment