Saturday 25 August 2018

I'm moving


I'm moving in October!

I'm basically going to live alone for the first time in my life and I'm very exciting. I'm staying in the same village, because it's close to work, very convenient and down in the city it would just be too expensive. It took me quite a while to find an apartment, because all new ones are just to expensive. It was clear for me that I need space for my books etc. I was looking at 2 1/2 room apartments or 3 1/2. This probably won't say anything to you, because that's the way they advertise apartments in Switzerland. 3 1/2 means a big living room with an open kitchen and two additional rooms, bathrooms are not included in that. 

The one I got is a big 3 1/2 room apartment with a big balcony, a bathroom and a guest bathroom. I wanted the additional room, because I have lots of reading books from blogging, but also from work and uni. As a teacher I have my own classroom, but I do a lot of work at home as well and I just need the space. 

The apartment was renovated six years ago and looks like now. The floor is tiled in a dark grey, it has an open kitchen with view onto the balcony and the living room. It's on the first floor and surrounded by other apartment buildings. The street is not busy and on the other side there is just the garden and the other buildings. It's a two minute walk to the closest grocery shop and bus stop. Another plus: I finally have a garage place for my car. 

I already bought a new bed, cupboard, sofa, table etc. I love interior design, so picking out these things was so much fun. The sofa will be a dark grey blue ad I will keep the decorations in blue. I have also started buying glasses, plates and other things for the kitchen. My uncle moved a few weeks ago and he gave me some things he didn't need anymore. You have to think about so many things, I started writing everything down. Some things will only come up once I live there, so there is definitely time. 

There are certain things I will bring that I already have, like my desk, a little cupboard and a USM side board. These things will go into the new office together with some big seats, which you can turns into a bed. 

I can't wait to move in, I know it's a lot of work, but it's exciting. 

This also means that there will be a lot more posts on this subjects coming for you soon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment