Friday 14 July 2017

Wilde Like Me – by Louise Pentland

Original Cover
My own copy

The blurb:

Meet Robin Wilde! You'll make a friend for life and she'll take you on a journey you'll never forget ...

Single mum Robin Wilde adores her six-year-old daughter and loves her job as a make up artist's assistant. She has a wonderful best friend and an auntie who is bonkers, yes, but loves her to the moon and back. 

But Robin has a secret. Behind the mask she carefully applies every day, things just feel ... grey. And lonely. She struggles to fit in with the school mum crew. Online dating is totally despair-inducing, and she worries every day about raising her little girl with self-confidence, courage and joy.

What Robin longs for is someone (over the age of six) to share with - someone who's always on her team. 

After 4 years (2 months, and 15 days!) of single-mum-dom, it's time for Robin Wilde to Change. Her. Life. 

Exciting new opportunities are about to come Robin's way ... Perhaps a man, perhaps the chance of a lifetime ...

What will Robin do with the possibilities she creates for herself? And what potential will she unlock if she takes the leap?



My Opinion:

I discovered Louise on YouTube about 2 years ago, when I started following some bloggers on there. I watched her videos from time to time, especially when her daughter was in them. Louise is very funny, bubbly and fresh, so when I heard she was publishing a fiction book, I got really curious.

The story follows Robin Wilde, who is a single mum to 6-year-old Lyla and she works part time as a make-up artist. She is longing for a relationship and really knows what she wants. It’s not so easy however, to find a man like this. She also wants to be successful in her job and be more than just an assistant. She struggles to fit in with the other school mums, but she has a great best friend and aunt, who are always there for her. A great opportunity comes up and I really liked going on that journey with Robin.

Louise Pentland’s writing is very natural, funny and light-hearted. I struggled with the structure of the book, the pace of the storyline didn’t make sense for me and I even lost interest at times. The interest always came back though and I was really routing for Robin. That’s probably also why I was a bit disappointed in the ending, it was not a round ending, something was missing. There will be a second book though, right?! The depth was missing for me, which is a shame, but I still enjoyed the story.

It was lovely to spot Louise’s personality come through the writing, I even felt like she was there narrating the whole thing!

Rating:




Louise Puntland on Twitter: @LouisePentland


No comments:

Post a Comment