Thursday 22 September 2016

Sky's Musical Corner - Musical Q&A with Sharon Atkinson


1.  What’s your faveourite musical ever?

     I don’t have just the one, it would be Grease, Rock of Ages, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Clamity Jane

2.  What comes to mind when you hear the word Musical? 

     Fun filled, sing along, energetic, feel good factor and still grinning about it hours after it has finished.

3.  Have you ever seen a Musical on the West End or Broadway?

     Seen loads on the west end.

4.  What’s the next musical you want to see? 

     Either Motwon, Kinky Boots or Memphis

5.  Which musicals have you seen live?

     Grease, Rock of Ages, Cats, Wicked, The Commitments, The Rocky Horror Show, The Jersey Boys, The Witches of EastWick, White Christmas, Scrooge, Legally Blonde, The Pajama Game, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Our House, The Phantom of the Opera, Ghost, Buddy, Starlight Express, to name but a few.

6.  What’s your favourite song out of a musical?

     Secret Love from Clamity Jane and Have yourself a merry Little Christmas from the movie Meet Me in St Louis.

7.  Who’s you favourite Musical actress?

     Doris Day or Judy Garland

8.  Who’s you favourite Musical actor?

     Either Tommy Steele or John Travolta

9.  Best Musical movie you have ever seen?

     It would be Grease, Rock of Ages, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Clamity Jane and There’s No Business Like Showbusiness.  I am sorry, I can not just pick one.  If I was stranded on a desert island and I was allowed to take some movies with me, I would have to take all these.

10.  Which book would you turn into a musical?

     There are so many books I would love to see as a movie, but as a musical, that’s a little harder. Maybe I would like to see The Outsiders as a musical, I know it would be a bit like West Side Story, but I would like the whole rock ‚n‘ roll music.  I think I would also have to choose a Christmas one, in which I choose A Miracle on Regents Street by Ali Harris.

11. Which musical hast he best soundtrack? 

     Without a doubt, Rock of Ages.  It’s the rock chick in me and the 80’s era that I am still living.

12.  Take your favourite Musical and put together your own dream cast.

    I couldn’t improve on perfection.  The cast definitely have something to do with why they are my favourite musical.

13. Who is your favourite Musical composer?

    I don’t really have a favourite, but Andrew Lloyd Webber is somewhere up there.

14. Which Musical made/makes you cry? 

     Musical show would have to be The Phantom of the Opera, Musical film would have to be There’s no business like show business

Thank you Simona for such a different Q&A.  I have had quite a lot of fun with this one, especially as I just love music.  I cannot get through the day without music playing in my ears.  To me, it is inspiring.
 
You can find me here:
Twitter - @SharonSAtkinson
Website – www.wordsandwoes.com










No comments:

Post a Comment