Monday 12 September 2016

Sky's Musical Corner - Musical Q&A with Louise


1.  What’s your favourite musical ever?

Wow, that's a tough opening question!!   For pure joy
and escapism it would have to be Mamma Mia but for
heart-wrenching emotion it would have to be Moulin
Rouge.

2.  What comes to mind when you hear the word Musical?

Really emotional acting, fabulous singing and wonderful
costumes!

3.  Have you ever seen a Musical on the West End or Broadway?

No, it's my dream to see Phantom of the Opera in the
West End one day.

4.  What’s the next musical you want to see?

Would love to see Matilda as I love Tim Minchin and
Roald Dahl and think they will make a great combination.

5.  Which musicals have you seen live?

I've seen Grease, South Pacific, Blood Brothers, Jesus
Christ Superstar – there's something magical about a live
performance which can't be beaten.

6.  What’s your favourite song out of a musical?

Ooh another toughie – you're pulling no punches! For
tingles down the spine it would have to be All I Ask of
You from Phantom

7.  Who’s your favourite Musical actress?

For sheer versatility it would have to be Julie Andrews

8.  Who’s your favourite Musical actor?

Out of the ones I have seen live (and I'm a little biased)
but Tim Minchin as Judas in Jesus Christ Superstar just
moved and surprised me - he made me like Judas!

9.  Best Musical movie you have ever seen?

I love Moulin Rouge- spectacular in every sense of the
word.

10. Which book would you turn into a musical?

I've always thought Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier would
make a fantastically dark and moody musical

11. Which musical has the best soundtrack?

I could quite happily listen to Moulin Rouge all day long!

12. Take your favourite Musical and put together your own dream cast.

Favourite musical would be Grease and if this was not
based on actual musical ability I of course would
be Sandy!!
Aidan Turner (Poldark)  would be my Danny.
Miranda Hart would be a fun Frenchy
Winona Ryder as Rizzo
Bradley Cooper as Kenickie

13.  Who is your favourite Musical composer?

Andrew Lloyd Webber for all of the fantastic musicals he has helped to create  and Tim Minchin – his way with
words is just phenomenal.

14.  Which Musical made/makes you cry?

Moulin Rouge and Phantom of the Opera – a sad love
story always moves me.

You can catch up with me on Twitter at @jaustenrulesok

Louise Wykes


No comments:

Post a Comment