Tuesday 9 May 2017

Guest Post - 20 things you might not know about me by Lucie Wheeler


As a fun little blog post, I thought I would tell you some fun things that you may or may not have known about me…

1/ I was born ‘Lucy’ but when I was about 12 I changed my name legally, by deed pole, to ‘Lucie’. Because I was under 18 I had to get parental consent.

2/ I am allergic to pethidine. Luckily I didn’t find this out during childbirth, but through a routine colonoscopy. My arm swelled up and was covered in white lumps!

3/ Linking on from that, I have Ulcerative Colitis which is an Inflammatory Bowel Disease. There is currently no cure and I take 15 tablets per day just to keep it under control. As a result of this disease, I also have arthritis and psoriasis.

4/ When I was pregnant with LO, because I was 19 I was sent lots of literature on ‘how to cope being a teenage parent’ and ‘how to tell your parents you are pregnant’ – needless to say I was living with my now husband, and working full time. Just goes to show that you shouldn’t stereotype or assume!

5/ My favourite colour is green

6/ I am naturally ginger and I have only ever dyed my hair once – to a slightly darker shade of ginger!

7/ I bite my nails

8/ I am a qualified beauty therapist.

9/ I am a trained dancer – whilst this is true, I am not trained to the extent that I could hold my own on strictly! But I do have a diploma in performing arts and my major was dance. I am a particular fan of contemporary dance!

10/ I used to have quite a severe phobia of sick when I was younger. So much so that I lost so much weight through not eating (because I was afraid the food would make me sick) that my mum would pretend to phone the hospital to come and take me away if I didn’t eat.
11/ My grandad passed away on my 10th birthday – I miss him a lot.

12/ I have one tattoo and would love another one.

13/ When I was little, and because of the aforementioned sick phobia, I hated school and would pretend to be ill so I didn’t have to go. I missed so much school my mother was threatened with a visit from the truancy officer.

14/ I am now at university training to work in education - go figure!

15/ When I was a teenager I lived in a flat with my mum. I used to visit my neighbour upstairs regularly for a cuppa and a biscuit. One day I went up there without telling my mum and because she couldn’t find me she called the police. When I came back downstairs I had to endure a stern telling off by the policeman for not telling my mum where I went.

16/ I once went to see a clairvoyant who told me something that I was working on at that moment I should just go for it because I would be good at it – this turned out to be writing. You can be the judge whether she was right.

17/ My friends are so important to me – they are like extensions of my family. They are my whole world.

18/ I was bullied at school. Ginger hair, glasses and braces – I had no hope!

19/ I prefer savoury over sweet – I would much rather have two starters and a main, than starter, main, desert.

20/ Sambuca is my favourite choice of shot – future reference for anyone who may celebrate with me at any point!


The blurb - The First Time Mum's Club

Meet Pippa…

After years of trying and a failed IVF attempt, Pippa is thrilled to see two little lines appear on a pregnancy test. Finally a precious baby to call her own. This is all Pippa has ever wanted…if only husband Jason could show just a little excitement.
Imogen…
A baby is the icing on the cake for Imogen and Alice – proof that their love for each other can overcome any obstacle. But when Imogen starts receiving malicious texts, it's clear that not everyone is thrilled about the girls' good news.
And Ellie…
A drunken one-night stand and Ellie's life is ruined! Pregnant, jobless and the relationship with her best friend, Chris, over- forever. Because Chris just happens to be the father of Ellie's baby…and potentially the love of her life!
For these first time mums the road to motherhood is bumpier than most!

Book Link: Amazon UK




















No comments:

Post a Comment