Saturday 16 April 2016

Joys of Being a Book Blogger


So, I wrote a post back in March, talking about struggles us book bloggers have. If you have missed it, you can check it out here: 24 Stuggles All Book Bloggers Have
Well, when I came up with it, I thought that the opposite would be kind of fun as well. So, here we are now! Book blogging opened a lot of doors form e and there are so many happy things about it. That’s not only the review copies we receive, because most of us are also actually buying books and reviewing these as well.

1.     Joys of being a book blogger: authors thanking you for your review and saying how much they appreciate your words
2.     Being in contact with authors over twitter and social media
3.     Being able to call some authors really good FRIENDS
4.     The book blogging community
5.     Finding incredible friends in the book blogging community, especially my bestie Maryline
6.     Receiving ARCs by publishers
7.     Being able to read certain books before they are published
8.     NetGalley
9.     Bookpost
10.  Author events, book launches, publisher events. I have only been to two, why do I live so far away?!
11.  Pretty bookshelves full of amazing books
12.  Getting to know a variety of authors and genres
13.  Having the opportunity to be a beta reader
14.  Being able to interview authors on your blog
15.  Having authors and other bloggers join you for a guest post
16.  Seeing covers before they are revealed
17.  Sharing your love of books with the whole world
18.  Sharing your hobby with the world
19.  Receiving signed copies from time to time
20.  Receiving other bookish goodies
21.  Spending endless hours in bookstores
22.  Being obsessed with bookish accessories
23.  Never running out of books to read
24.  Having part of your review quoted on a cover or in a book

I think I could go on, but I wrote about 24 struggles, so I’m sticking to the number. I hope you enjoyed this post, let me know what you think in the comments below. 

3 comments:

  1. Oh the joys the joys! There are so many and I agree with all 24 and probably all the others you can think of too. I love it. Number 24 of your list hasn't happened to me yet, but I live in hope one day to see " by Amanda from ChocolatePages" in a book. Lovely post, thanks for sharing your enthusiasm with us.
    Amanda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was so surprised when 24 happened, didn't expect it at all. I'm sure one day it will happen to you too. Thanks for your comment.
      Love, Simona xx

      Delete
  2. This is such a neat idea! I totally agree with you on all of these parts. Being a book blogger has opened me up to so many new possibilities, some of which I'm still exploring. :-)
    -Amy

    ReplyDelete