Saturday 22 November 2014

Books I'd Like To Live In by Louise Wykes

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Hello my name is Louise Wykes and I can be found lurking on Twitter at @jaustenrulesok and I am delighted to be invited to the gorgeous and talented Simona’s blog to tell you about the books I’d love to live in.

Firstly, like many people, of course I’d like to inhabit the magical world of the Harry Potter books and to have wonderful spells at my disposal but here are a couple more books I’d like to jump right into if I could.

I have a brother and adore him but I’ve always felt like I’ve missed out on having a sister, someone to confide in and laugh with and swap clothes with so would love the chance to live with the March family in Little Women by Louisa May Alcott,  presided over by the wise and wonderful Marmee.  Even though the sisters go through tough times, they get through them together and get up to all kinds of fun putting on plays and having adventures.

Next, I adored the warm loving world of Avonlea as described in Anne of Green Gables by L M Montgomery.  Anne loved books and talking (not like me at all!!) and she had wonderful adventures, laughter and tears with the friends she made in childhood.  I also loved how the books followed Anne through her childhood, then her  teens and right through until she became a mother herself so felt as if I really knew Anne.

Aside from books, I adore chocolate so would love the chance to go and explore Willy Wonka’s chocolate factory in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl.  What wonderful times could be had travelling along the chocolate river and trying to find the Oompah Loompahs.   I would love to try the three course chewing gum although not sure I would want to meet Augustus Gloop or Verucca Salt!!

Looking back on the books I’d like to live in I am struck by the fact that the worlds I’d like to inhabit are filled with warmth, love and family and that sometimes the best adventures that can be had are when you’re with the ones you love.

Many thanks to Simona for having me on her fantastic blog and thinking about chocolate has made me wonder where did I put those Ferrero Rocher?!

No comments:

Post a Comment