Thursday 3 January 2019

Highlights of 2018



I can’t believe it’s 2019. 2018 has passed so quickly. This year has been full of exciting moments, some lows as well, but as I said I focus on the good things and I’d like to share them with you guys. 

-       In January and March we had our Musical Classics concerts with the choir. We sang songs from Les Misérables, West Side Story, Jesus Christ Superstar, Lion King and Mamma Mia. It was fab! The highlight and I am still very grateful for it: I sang a little solo (At the End of the Day in Les Misérables) together with my mum. My dream has come true!
-     In February my mom and I went to Milano for a few days. Shopping, chatting ad just some quality time. 
-       On Good Friday our choir had the possibility to sing the Messiah byHandel again at the Easter Festival in Andermatt. We travelled there for the day, had a rehearsal in the church, enjoyed a tea at the Chedi hotel and then sang in the evening. During the day it also started snowing and after the concert we were lucky to make it home, a few hours laterthe roads were closed. 
-       In April I travelled through California, Arizona and Nevada with my contiki family. Westarted in LA, went to San Diego, then Phoenix, The Grand Canyon, Vegas, Yosemite and San Francisco. These three weeks have been full of highlights: Hot air ballooning over the Sonoran Desert, The Grand Canyon, flying in a Helicopter over the GC, Yosemite National Park (it’s beautiful) and San Fran (my new fave city)! I could go on…
-     At the end of April another one of my dreams came true. I finally got to see a Bundesliga game of Bayern München in the Allianz Arena. We also spent the day in Munich, just fantastic!
-       In the beginning of June I finally got to sing the Latin Jazz Mass by Martin Völlinger in the choir I helped out at, that was a lot of fun. 
-     Malta: In July I spent a few days in Malta with two of my friends. It was my first time in this beautiful country. We saw so many places and we had so much fun! 
-       Also in July I spent some days in the Italian speaking part of Switzerland. This area is so wonderful. We also went to some concerts: James Blunt and Sunrise Avenue (with The Script and Adel Tawil). I loved it! Shopping in Como, enjoying the sunshine and much more. 
-       In August I visited my bestie Maryline in Belgium. I loved catching up with her and juszt spend time together. We visited Antwerp and Brugge and just explored the area. I miss her!!!
-       Seeing Matilda for the second time in London was fabulous and very special. I just adore this musical, it’s one of my faves.
-       One of my best friends moved to Bern last year and I finally had some to visit her in this great city and spend a fab day with her. 
-       On my birthday we went up to the Bürgenstock for a little hike to explore ad enjoy some drinks. Switzerland has so much to offer. 
-       The “Zuger Chornacht” (choir night) finally took place in September. I was part of it with the choir and the theatre group. With the theatre group we did a Les Misérables medley with choreography adeverything.The people freaked out. With the choir we sang in the end in the big church, first from the benches in between the audience and then accompanying ourselves with water glasses.
-       In October we went to Barcelona with the choir and sang the Rutter Requiem. It was also my first time in this fab city,I loved exploring it together with my mom.
-     Of course moving was a big highlight for me in October. It all started in July already when I discovered the apartment and applied for it. Choosing furniture was a wonderful experience and decorating as well. 
-       November was full of music. First the John Rutter Requiem in my home church. 
-     And then The Secret Garden, the musical we did in the same church. I just adore being on stage and singing. The Secret Garden was very special!
-       Seeing Sweeney Todd in the Opera House in Zurich for the first time! The music and lyrics of this musical are fab, loved it. 
-       My team at work: They are fabulous, we get along so well and have so much fun, whatever we do. 
-     Bliss is my fave Acapella band and I saw them perform live twice in 2018. 
-       Showing friends and family my apartment and seeing their reactions.  

I could add more here (like my Sushi nights, coffee dates with my girls etc.), but then I’d never stop. There were lots of little highlights as well, just as important as the others of course. I have them all in my heart and I think that’s the essential thing about them. 

What were your highlights of 2018?

No comments:

Post a Comment