Monday 23 February 2015

Book Quotes by Jenny

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Hello! I'm delighted to be guest posting for my lovely friend Simona – thank you so much for having me! 

I'm a huge book quote freak. I love quotes. So much so that I even have my own little book at home where I write down all my favourites! 

So today I'm going to share with you some of my favourites from that book, enjoy!

*




“Sometimes you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.” - The Fault in Our Stars, John Green

I know it's from one of the most obvious books but I like to think this isn't the most obvious quote you would have gone for when choosing from that particular book – but I absolutely adore this quote because I think a lot of us book lovers can resonate with it. Well said, Hazel-Grace!







“What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable?” - An Abundance of Katherines, John Green

You're probably noticing a John Green pattern here, haha! But he is without a doubt my favourite author and his books are extremely quoteable and I'm in constant awe of some of the sentences he manages to come up with. Like the one above, because it's so true.





“Among other things, you'll find that you're not the first person who was ever confused and frightened and even sickened by human behaviour. You're by no means alone on that score, you'll be excited and stimulated to know. Many, many men have been just as troubled morally and spiritually as you are right now. Happily, some of them kept records of their troubles. You'll learn from them – if you want to. Just as someday, if you have something to offer, someone will learn something from you. It's a beautiful reciprocal arrangement. And it isn't education. It's history; It's poetry.” - The Catcher in the Rye, J.D Salinger

Now despite most people's mixed feelings about this book you have to admit, it does have some pretty memorable quotes. This particular one is my favourite and although it's said by a character I didn't like I think it's extremely relevant to young people today. 





“When she came to write her story, she would wonder exactly when the books and the words started not just to mean something, but everything.” - The Book Thief Markus Zusak

It's no secret that The Book Thief is my favourite book and I find this quote completely and utterly beautiful by the way it symbolises how important books and words became to Liesel when she didn't really didn't have much else.








“So this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.” - The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Stephen Chbosky

Again, another one of my all time favourite books (I've read it 3 times!) and this quote appears on page 1 and I think is pretty consistent throughout the story. When I first read Perks, and first read this quote, I was feeling quite similar to what the quote suggests and since then, it's always stuck.



There are literally so many more I could go on for days but those are a few I've picked out of my little “Quote Book” for you! 

Lots of love, Jenny xxx

1 comment:

  1. Hi admin,
    your post is very special for us.I think book quotes are very special for everyday life. I have collected many quotes from you, and I will come back soon.

    ReplyDelete