Sunday 5 October 2014

What Were You Expecting? – by Katy Regnery

Original Cover
My own copy
The blurb:

Nils Lindstrom and Maggie Campbell have been circling each other for years. A strong attraction simmers between them, and their hearts beat only for each other. But a tragic secret keeps them apart.

Out of the blue, Maggie learns her U.S. visa has expired and she’ll be deported. Nils offers marriage under the guise of a favor, but only if they can just remain friends. Despite the whisperings of his heart, falling in love again is a risk he won’t take. Yet, regardless of how it begins, marriage can take on a life of its own—and true love is more powerful than either Maggie or Nils ever expected.

My Opinion:

Yay, finally!! I was happy to download the last heart of Montana book when it came out. The series is just not complete otherwise. Katy Regnery is one of my favourite authors and I couldn’t wait to get started on Nils’ and Maggie’s story, after hearing so much about them already.

I have to say, this is my least favourite out of the series, but it’s still awesome!!!!
After having read the other books it was clear that Nils and Maggie had feelings for each other, but something was way off.
Well, we find out why: Her visa has expired and there is only one way to stay in the States à marriage. Yes, you heard right and I think you can guess who she marries. After that though there was silence between Nils and Maggie and she started dating someone else. I just couldn’t understand this, because these two are just so made for each other and their chemistry is something else!!!

Of course this made the story very interesting and dramatic. It was great to read about both their feelings, them taking turns in telling the story. I enjoyed that very much and it gave a wonderful insight to the characters, which made me understand them better. I still didn’t understand, why they couldn’t just be honest.
That’s not it though. He has a dark memory and this keeps him from moving on and planning a future with Maggie.

I was sure they would find a way to be together, but the question was: how?
There were things happening between Maggie and Nils in the previous books, now they finally make sense and we can see the whole story behind it. Very very clever Katy!!!

The ending and the epilogue were really sweet and totally fit the series. I loved hearing about Lars, Erik, Paul and Jenny again. I can’t believe this series is over, it’s so full of heart and emotions and the stories will always stay with me.

Rating:





My possible cast:

Nils: Alexander Skarsgard






























Maggie: Amy Adams
















Katy Regnery Links:
Katy Regnery (Goodreads): https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7211470
Katy Regnery (Amazon Author link): http://www.amazon.com/Katy-Regnery/e/B00FDZKXYU/ref=sr_tc_2_0?qid=1394938840&sr=8-2-ent
Twitter: @KatyRegnery

No comments:

Post a Comment