Thursday 31 March 2016

Book of the Month - March 2016

Image and video hosting by TinyPic



















The books I read this month:

-       I’m Not in Love – by Tilly Tennant 4.5/5
-       Ways to Say Goodbye – by Tilly Tennant 4.5/5
-       One Starry Night – by Tilly Tennant 4.5/5
-       Summer Nights at the Moonlight Hotel – by Jane Costello 4.5/5
-       Beautiful Boss – by Christina Lauren 5/5
-       The Second Love of My Life – by Victoria Walters 5/5
-       Dear Thing – by Julie Cohen 5/5
-       Beta Reading for Ellen Faith
-       The Wedding Date - by Jennifer Joyce *started*

I had a very busy month, so I manly read short stories/novellas and some other proofs I received, here are my CLEAR faves:

The Second Love of My Life – Victoria Walters

The bit on the back:

In the Cornish town of Talting, everyone is famous for something.

Until recently Rose was known for many things: her infectious positivity; her unique artistic talent; and her devotion to childhood sweetheart Lucas.

But two years ago that changed in one unthinkable moment. Now, Rose is known for being the young woman who became a widow aged just twenty-four.

Though Rose knows that life must go on, the thought of carving out a new future for herself is one she can barely entertain. Until a newcomer, Robert, arrives in Talting for the summer...

Can Rose allow herself the chance to love again?

Get lost in Victoria Walters' immensely touching debut novel, and discover a world that will capture your imagination and heart.

My opinion:

I fell in love with this story and the writing immediately. It’s such an inpiring, emotional, uplifting and wonderful story, full of great characters, an adorable setting and written just beautifully. Read my review here: The Second Love of My Life - Review

Victoria on Twitter: @Vicky_Walters
Dear Thing – Julie Cohen

The bit on the back:


After years of watching her best friends Ben and Claire try for a baby, Romily offered to give them the one thing they most wanted.

But Romily wasn't prepared for the overwhelming feelings that have taken hold of her and which threaten to ruin her friendship with Ben and Claire – and even destroy their marriage.

Now there are three friends, two mothers and only one baby, and an impossible decision to make . . .


My opinion:


OMG!!! WOW!!! This book is just amazing! It covers a difficult topic, but Julie has written it beautifully, with so many emotions and wonderful characters. I couldn't put this book down!


Julie on Twitter:@julie_cohen

Website: http://www.julie-cohen.com
Goodreads - Amazon UK - Amazon US

No comments:

Post a Comment