Saturday 4 May 2019

From one Harry Potter city to another. London calling...


On Monday, April 15 I took the train from Edinburgh to London Kings Cross. The whole journey took 4 hours and 40 minutes. On the way I looked at the lovely scenery, listened to music, wrote some blog posts and read Lindsey Kelk's newest book. At Kings Cross I took the underground to Covent Garden and checked in at my hotel.
After that I immediately left the hotel again and walked around the Covent Garden area (one of my faves). My first stop was The Noble Collection store, they have all the official Harry Potter merchandise, as well as other movies like Fantastic Beasts, Lord of the Rings, The hobbit etc. I was in there last time we were in London as well, but i wasn't feeling well and didn't have the energy to properly look around. So this time I really took my time looking at every single detail. They have all the wands, plushies, replica of the Philosopher Stone, the Rawenclaw Diadem, the Grindlewald pendant, the Triwizard cup etc. they also have brooms, arteft boxes, house related things etc. you can definitely spend hours in there. The way they display things is brilliant, so pretty!!! I didn't bux anything yet, but definitely kept some things in mind. Then I just went into some stores: French Connection, Karen Millen, Ted Baker, Kurt Geiger, & other stories etc. I also walked around covent garden looked at the beautiful flowers and enjyod the su shine, before having dinner at the hotel restaurant Monmouth Kitchen. The have a tapas style menu, which is fab. They have changed it a little bit, so I tried some new things and had my beloved Chardonnay from Chile. The rest of the evening was spent in the room and I went to bed early, because...



...Tuesday meant an early start. I gave myself enough time to get to the Harry Potterr studio tour in Leavsden. I got a coffee and ate breakfast on the train from Euston. Then of course I took the bus and collected my ticket. My time was at 10.00 am, but I took some tiemto look at the new entrance first. The huge dragon is very impressive, die hen there are all the oictures from the characters ariznd the dragon, plus the castle and some ither details. There are also costumes and windows with some nice details. Completely new is also the chocolate frog café, the marauders map around it and part of the enchanted ceiling. The whole entrance to the cinema room is different, covering all eight movies. From the cinema room, you go to The Great Hall and then the room with all the props and sets. Then comes the Forbidden Forest and Platform 9 ¾, both have a shop. After that comes the Backlot Café and then the whole exterior area with The Knight Bus, Privet Drive, the bridge and more. From the creatures area, we see all the goblins, which afterwards leads to Gringotts (the new part). What they did there is fabulous, the main hall of the bank is great and I really liked the Lestrange vault. When you come out of Gringotts you walk through Diagon Alley, the the model section and the the Hogwarts model, before stepping into the wand shop and then the actual shop of the tour. I spent a really long time in the shop and walked home with quite a few things (details in my studio tour post). I had lunch at the studios as well and enjoyed a coffee from the Chocolate Frog Café, before taking back the train to central London. From Euston station, I went to Kings Cross and headed to the 9 ¾store, I had to stand inline to get in. I couldnt resist buying some little things. Then I took the time to relax at the hotel, get changed and have ddinndinner there 
Dinner there again. They have a fab menu, so I had to try other things. Before going to the theatre I went to Trafalgar Square ad took some phtos there and looked at the London Eye. Fiddler on the Roof was playing at The Playhouse theatre and I really enjoyed the show. Great story, fab acting, wonderful voices (read my musical review to know more). 



Wednesday was another Harry Potter day, but I started with a yummy coffee from Monmouth Coffee and some shopping on Regent Street. I bought some summer shorts at Abercrombie and Fitch and just browsed through my fave stores. At 12 I headed tob e beloved restaurant in Carnaby Street called Dehesa, another Tapas place. I had to rush a bit and eat fast, because I had to go back tot he hotel ,leave my tjings there,pick up my ticket and go to the theatre. Luckily, the theatre was on the way back, so I got my tickets before going tot he hotel. I quickly freshened up and walkedto the thatre, it was just a three minute walk. I took some time to take photos in front of the theatre, with the ticket, without, me standing in front etc. Then I had to stand in the queue to get in. They tell you tob e there an hour early, because they take their time checking bags and tickets, the line actually goes around the theatre. The momentI got in, I checked out the store first to see what they have, bought a program, got a coffee and chilled at the bar. Then part one started and I actually had tears in my eyes, a very special moment (more details in my review, soon). After part one I went to the Mina Lima store and actually ordered two very special prints. I then had dinner and enjoyed a little drink at the hotel, before going back tot he theatre for part two. It was amazing, just incredible!



On Thursday I took my time in the moring and I had to pack, which wasn’t easy, because I bought some things ;). After checking out I got my coffee first and walked to Piccadilly Circus, where I went to Tesco first ad then to Waterstones, a must of course. Then I did the res of Regent Street, especially Ted Baker, where I bought some culottes. I had to go back to Dehesa for lunch, because it was justso delicious and I wanted to take my time. The afternoon was spent in Liberty, Starbucks (outside in the sunshine), Mina Lima again and Foyles. Sadly, it was time to say goodbye to London after that, I took the underground to heathrow airport.


London really is a home away from home, I miss it already and want to go back. 


No comments:

Post a Comment