Thursday 30 January 2014

Q&A with Jessie Jefferson

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
      

Today is a very special day, a lot of great books by brilliant authors are published, I can't wait to read them. This Q&A is a little different from what you're used to on my blog, but I wanted to have something special for you on the release day of Paige Toon's first YA book The Accidental Life of Jessie Jefferson. So I asked Paige, if she would answer me questions from a character's point of view, our heroine Jessie Jefferson in her newest book and the lovely Paige agreed. Thank you so much again Paige, always a pleasure xxx.
Interview
1. Tell us a little something about yourself.
If you'd asked me this question a year ago, I would have said I'm a pretty ordinary 15-year-old girl with a best friend called Libby, a stepdad called Stu, and a mum who likes to nick my nail polish and wear my clothes. Now my mum is gone and everything has changed.
2. So, Johnny Jefferson is your dad, how does that feel?
Totally surreal. I still can't get my head around it. The real person is different to the one you see in the tabloids.
3. What are your hobbies?
I like writing and singing, but not many people know this. Most people have to get me really drunk to get me to do karaoke, but I kick ass on PlayStation Singstar, even if I do say so myself
4. What was it like to meet your real dad?
Again, totally surreal. I was so nervous, I can't even tell you.
5. How do you see yourself in 10 years?
Blimey! I can't even tell you how I see myself in two months! By then, I guess everyone will know I'm Johnny's daughter. That thought is both scary and exhilarating.
6. What do you think about Meg and the two little boys?
My little brothers! I can't believe I have siblings. I thought I was an only child. They're so cute! I like Meg, but sometimes I'm not sure how she feels about me...
7. Describe yourself in three words.
Blonde, feisty, rebellious.
8. How did Johnny react, when he first saw you?
I think he was a little freaked out when I took my sunglasses off and he could see my face and eyes properly. I look weirdly like him.
9. What’s your favourite song?
Jump Into The Fog by The Wombats. But I guess I should be saying anything by Johnny Jefferson... I also REALLY love some of the stuff by this hot new band called All Hype. You'll hear more about them soon!
10. Are you glad you got to know your dad and his family?
More than you could ever know.




Bio
Paige Toon was born in 1975 and grew up between England, Australia and America. A philosophy graduate, she worked at teen, film and women’s magazines, before ending up at Heat magazine as Reviews Editor. Paige is married, has two small children and lives in Cambridge.
The Longest Holiday is her seventh book.






Paige Toon on Twitter: @PaigeToonAuthor
    Order the book here: Amazon UK

Hope you all liked this special Q&A. New review up tomorrow, Tilly Tennant is the author ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment