Tuesday 15 May 2018

Bass Lake and Yosemite National Park


It all started with a long drive, 8 hours in total. A lot of sleeping, listening to music, writing blog posts and games with the whole group. We also stopped at a fruit farm, where I bought some yummy chocolate popcorn.
At Bass Lake we got to stay in chalets in groups of three and four. For dinner we had a little pizza party in two of the chalets and then we went down to the lake for a bonfire. That was very nice and warm, we also went around the group and shared some things like childhood crushes, what makes us happy, bucket list etc. In the end we also grilled some marshmallows and had kind of smores. A very chilled night.





The next morning we went en route to Yosemite National Park, it took us 1 1/2 hours, but the drive was very beautiful, the trees were covered in snow. Our first stop was a great lookout point, overseeing the valley. You can see El Capitan, Half Dome and the Bridalvail Falls, so pretty. We took lots of pictures of course. Then we drove down and went on a little bike tour. I‘m not going to lie, it was harder than I thought it would be. We stopped in several places and explored. First up were the lower Yosemite Falls, then there was a five star hotel, river spots and the Mirror Lake. I can‘t get over of how beautiful this park is, I absolutely loved it!!! Of course I also bought some things at the gift shop. We then headed back to the Pines Resort by Bass Lake (our hotel). For dinner we did this potluck thing, so every room cooked something. We did bolognese pasta. The food was so yummy!!! Then it was time for a sunset cruise, omg it was so cold on that boat, but the sunset was sooo pretty. There is one bar in the resort and we went there, I learned to play pool, thanks Kate, she had to be very patient we me though, sorry 😉. Afterwards it was time for some karaoke and since I told everyone I'd sing, I had to sign up. I sang twice, once Mamma Mia by Abba and then I‘m so excited by The Pointer Sisters, it was a lot of fun and a lot of people joined me on the dance floor.






I think Yosemite is definitely one of my highlisghts on this trip! The landscape and nature is so beautiful! Yes, it was very cold at times, but so worth it!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment